VP Data Engineering, Platform & AI/ML
US - New York or Remote
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As a company, we value big ideas and bold goals. We welcome everyone and are stronger because we’ve each got our own unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives but work as one. Performance-driven and dedicated to professional development, we’re growing fast and growing together.
Data at Slice is a unified group reporting directly to our CEO and founder, Ilir Sela. Data-driven algorithms, models and products that create a magical experience for pizza makers and pizza eaters are central to our next phase of growth. As part of this evolution, we are looking for an experienced data engineering and ML leader. This person will manage a growing team of about 20+ data engineers and scientists, with the goal to take our data platform to the next level, ingest new, richer data sets, develop advanced ML/AI models and deploy data assets into our production systems, in partnership with the Engineering team.
We are looking for an experienced data engineering and people leader who thrives in highly cross-functional environments. Leadership in data architectures and the modern data stack is essential. This role reports to the SVP of Data.
- Own and expand the company’s data platform by optimizing existing data, ingesting new data and by exporting data to the production systems.
- Execute the Core Data Science roadmap by building advanced ML/AI models that power shop and consumer experiences.
- Define and execute the vision for the continuous improvement of the company’s data stack for the short, medium and long-term.
- Partner cross-functionally to understand the biggest data problems to solve and build a roadmap to tackle them.
- 12+ years of total experience as a mix of data or software engineering, ML engineering and core data science (model building), ideally in a technology environment.
- 4+ years of experience managing teams.
- Domain expertise in the modern data stack, including Kafka, Scala or Python using Spark.
- Experience deploying data models into production.
- Experience working on a major cloud platform (Azure, GCP or AWS).
- Expertise working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience working with unstructured datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working on AWS is desired.
- Experience building a unified data platform (Databricks, etc.) is desired.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 900+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning EngineerAWS Azure Conversational AI Git HuggingFace Industrial Keras Kubernetes Machine Learning ML +13
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Insurance +2
Wavicle Data Solutions
Senior Data Engineer (Python, Spark, GCP) - REMOTEAgile AWS Cassandra Data pipelines Engineering ETL GCP Hadoop Kafka Oracle +9
401(k) matching Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs