Senior Data Analyst
Ocean FinanceLending experts Ocean Finance® offer personal and secured loans, credit card, mortgage & remortgage no obligation quotes.
Ocean Finance is a leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit builder credit card, personal loans, a range of mortgages and second charge products for homeowners. We are a fast-growing business offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
This is a new position for an energetic and passionate Senior Data Analyst to join our team.
You will help build on and execute the existing strategy focused on data-driven business decisions. You will need to exhibit an excellent ability to prioritise, work autonomously and deliver highly accurate analysis and actionable insight in a fast-paced environment.
You are passionate about data, love thinking big and have a solid understanding of data analysis and data modelling. You are also deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality results. You are naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical, business and communication skills.
The successful candidate will help steer the organisation through change, evolution, and sustained growth. You will work alongside an existing Analytics team comprising analytics engineers and data engineers working to create a world-class data-driven team focused on delivering our “one-stop-shop” business data suite.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience analysing complex datasets from both an online and offline perspective ensuring complete end to end analysis is delivered. You will also have a great understanding of web marketing metrics derived from platforms such as Google Analytics. You will also be responsible for organising and executing actionable insight from the various data sources available, in addition to supporting with integration projects as we progress our business data suite.
You will be reporting to the Head of Analytics.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, utilise and leverage data collected from multiple data sources to provide analytical insight that can impact business strategy and add value.
- Utilise Power of BI to a high degree, ensuring market campaigns are monitored and performance is communicated on a very frequent basis to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders are informed on both internal and external market trends which may impact our core products.
- Utilisation and monitoring of holistic dashboards to help achieve agreed business targets/Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
- Utilising a wealth of analytics tools which may include Power of BI, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hotjar, Google Data Studio etc.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrable experience in using Google Analytics / other market insight platforms to derive actionable insights
- Proven SQL experience
- Communicating face-paced ad-hoc analysis utilising online and offline market campaign data to ensure we are highly optimised for ROI.
- Autonomy and ownership
- Experience in statistics and problem solving, with a deductive and curious mind.
- Comfortable with visualisation development using tools like Power BI.
- Wizard level in Data Analysis and MS Excel
- Experience in Scrum and agile methodologies
- Excellent organisational skills
- To have a commercial mindset
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- The ability to connect with colleagues.
- You share our core values – Professionalism, Respect, Humility, Passion, Openness and Trust
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience with CDP tools like mParticle.
- Experience of cloud-based data and analytics platforms (e.g., AWS Athena, Google Cloud Platform).
- Tabular Data Models.
- Understanding of CRO (conversion rate optimisation – mainly driven by Growth Hacking / AB Testing initiatives).
- Integration with CRM/Campaign Management tools.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs