Senior Data Engineer
StockXBuy and sell the hottest sneakers including Adidas Yeezy and Retro Jordans, Supreme streetwear, trading cards, collectibles, designer handbags and luxury watches.
Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
Technology @ StockX:
Our Technology Team is on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce platform for the next generation customer. We build world-class, innovative experiences and products that give our users access to the world’s most coveted products and unlock economic opportunity by turning reselling into a business for anyone. Our team uses cutting edge technologies that handle massive scale globally. We’re an internet-native, cloud-native company from day 1 - you won’t find legacy technology here. If you’re a curious leader who loves solving problems, wearing multiple hats, and learning new things, join us!
The Data & AI Infrastructure team is a new team within the AI organization at StockX. This platform will power product catalog data, StockX industry leading bid/ ask matcher, search data pipelines, various ML/ AI use cases, various big data analytics use cases, and experimentation. The mission of the Data & AI Infrastructure org is to provide cutting edge, reliable and easy to use infrastructure for
- Build and manage the big data platform for ingesting, storing, and processing big data at scale.
- Build and manage the MLOps infrastructure for model management, tracking models, and productionalizing models.
- Manage the data lake infrastructure including the data catalog
In this role you will be working as an data infrastructure engineer supporting the Apache Spark on AWS EMR or Databricks, S3 Data lake, Airflow, Glue Catalog, Kubernetes, etc.
3+ years of experience scaling and operating distributed systems like big data processing engines (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark), streaming systems (e.g., Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark), Kubernetes, full stack development is plus
5+ years of fluency in Python or Java or Scala or C++ or C# or Golang
- Ability to debug complex issues in large scale distributed systems
- Passion for building infrastructure that is reliable, easy to use and easy to maintain
- Strong background in building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems. Ideal candidates have past experience in building applications such as data pipelines, data caching/storage systems, and/or Web services.
- 2+ years of experience using AWS or GCP or Azure Cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price. With key leadership and an inspiring vision in place, we believe we’re poised for significant growth: into new product verticals, new audiences, and new geographies. To get there we’re looking for flexible, all-in teammates who are excited by ownership and the opportunity to take on emerging challenges. If you’re a doer who’s ready to solve tough problems with plenty of laughs along the way, we’d love to hear from you. We welcome, embrace, and respect all dimensions of diversity. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members are valued, supported, and respected—and no, you don’t need to know a thing about sneakers or fashion. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs