Business Intelligence Data Engineer
San Francisco, Austin, or Remote
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
We are seeking a new senior Business Intelligence Data Engineer! You will be responsible for building analytics systems to process and transform data of massive scale into valuable operational and business insights for our internal and external customers. You should have a strong background in Data and Business Analysis, possess problem-solving aptitude and have good communication skills.
The Business Intelligence data engineer will collaborate closely with the rest of Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Product, and business leads in generating internal dashboards, ad hoc reports, and models to provide insights and affect platform behavior. This will also include building and maintaining the business intelligence infrastructure and tools to present data with the most effective data visualization techniques and artifacts to ensure that stakeholders are able to digest the insights from the analyzed datasets.
Responsibilities and Impact
- Design, develop, scale and evolve our self-service business intelligence solutions (e.g. Reports / Dashboards / Visualizations).Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Looker), including but not limited to Administration.
- Translate business requirements into efficient visualizations, dashboards and reports with business intelligence tools.
- Collaborate with data engineering and business teams to improve the data models and data elements that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-informed decision making across the organization.
- Continuously identify needs and opportunities for improved data quality and management and delivery.
- Articulate and present findings and recommendations at different levels, with a clear bias towards impactful learning and results Embody Shippo’s cultural values in your everyday work and interactions
- Advocate for a data-informed decision making culture
- 3+ years of experience in BI or data engineering.Expertise in one or more BI Platform (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Experience in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data analysis In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Strong SQL skills - Able to write/analyze complex SQL queriesAdept to learn new technologies and applications quickly
- Strong problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze business processes, best practices, data lifecycles, and standard operating process
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- Exhibit core behaviors focused on craftsmanship, continuous improvement, and team success
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with implementing ETL process
- Prior Experience on Looker Platform.
- Work Experience with Python.
- Prior Experience on Cloud Data Warehouse (e.g. AWS Redshift).Experience using Source Control(git) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with advanced data analysis using machine learning a plus
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement 2 weeks shut down during summer and winter3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events $2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growthCharity donation match up to $100Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Engineer (Remote)Airflow Engineering ETL FiveTran Looker ML ML models +5
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs