Data Analytics Manager
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Who are we?
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model, and the future looks bright. Not only are we growing fast (35% growth in retail sales reported in our latest results), but we are developing new technologies and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites across the UK and engaging in new partnerships both in the UK and abroad.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company at the forefront of its industry and work with a team of smart, skilled, passionate and friendly people.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join our Operational Excellence team.
This team is responsible for all long and short term planning within the business, driving the performance of key business metrics, optimising our processes and logistics chain, planning over £100m of labour a year, steering the location of future delivery sites and warehouses, and much more besides.
You will ideally be a seasoned Senior Analyst, Analytics Manager or someone with experience in a similar role, preferably having worked for a large retailer. Ideally you would have some exposure to logistics, forecasting or labour planning, among other areas relevant for operating a retail business at scale. We would also consider applicants from a consultancy background or with experience in other industries, where they can demonstrate strong analytical ability and relevant business competencies.
What we can offer you
First and foremost we can offer you an exciting and varied job in a motivated team within a fast paced and rapidly growing company. We have short reporting lines and low corporate overhead, which means your responsibilities will grow quickly as you prove yourself. This can be expected to include presenting to and engaging with senior management directly, including those at director level or above. Your analysis, insight and leadership will have a direct impact on the way Ocado operates and a measurable effect on the bottom line.
The role is based in our new head office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, just 20 minutes by train from London King’s Cross.
- Shaping the future business direction of Ocado
- Leading and driving projects that span across departments
- Managing a team of analysts
- Using data analysis to identify improvements to the business and driving these to completion
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Ocado operation, providing insights which drive better performance
- Providing operational teams with insight, analysis, guidance and up to date and accurate assumptions enabling them to plan and manage the operation effectively
- Ownership of key business metrics
- Collaboration across multiple different departments and teams
- Presentation of results and recommendations to senior management
What can you offer us?
- Exceptional analytical abilities and clarity of thought
- Attention to detail but also vision, initiative and creativity
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Significant data analysis abilities
- Experience with SQL and VBA or other relevant alternatives
- Relevant business experience within an analytical environment
- Great communication skills
- Drive to deliver results
- Strong organisational skills resulting in effective delivery
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.
Perks/benefits: Competitive pay
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs