Data Science Intern (Remote Friendly)
Internship Program Overview:
Would you like to play a critical role in the success of the next wave of world-changing startups? Are you excited about understanding the pace and evolution of the venture ecosystem? Would you like to contribute to a product that will redefine the risks founders can comfortably take on as they build from ideas into companies? Our mission at Vouch is to craft the best insurance for those building the future, and our Data Team is looking for a summer intern.
Our goal is to provide a meaningful and hands-on summer work experience in a high-growth start-up. This will be a full-time, paid 10-week internship program beginning Monday, June 6th, 2022
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Compensation: $25/hr
- Application deadline: April 15th, 2022
- Final Decisions: May 6th, 2022
- Program date: June 6th, 2022 - August 12th, 2022
- Location: Remote
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri).
Data is existential to our company's success. We’re looking for an exceptional intern who lives and breathes data, who is passionate about pushing the startup ecosystem forward, and who is committed to the hard work necessary to continuously improve. As an intern in our team you will have a chance to build NLP and ML models on top of the most comprehensive startup dataset in the world.
Depending on your background, and interests, you might work on any of the following:
- Build and deploy NLP models to classify companies according to their business characteristics
- Develop graph algorithms for link prediction, node clustering, or entity resolution
- Design and implement processes to generate ground truth labeled data sets to validate our models
- Research and explore innovative ML strategies to operationalize the use of proprietary data in scoring current and potential clients along different risk exposures
Additionally, we'll expect you to
- Participate in brainstorming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and team building activities
- Work cross functionally with team members across the Vouch organization to understand the downstream impact of our data models
- Effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, marketers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Surprise us! Most candidates will be pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related technical field.
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL
- Working knowledge of git and command line tools
- Track-record of solving complex problems and learning fast
- Experience with and solid understanding of data visualization tools and concepts
- Familiarity with data science frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, NetworkX, PyMC, Keras, etc.
- Previous experience working with relational or graph databases
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
- Experience building web applications with Python and modern frontend technologies (TypeScript, React, webpack, npm, d3)
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Wellness allowance ($80)
- Cell phone/Internet allowance ($50/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs