Data Scientist II
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us seeks an experienced, multi-faceted Data Scientist to be a part of our Insights team. Unite Us brings health care and social services together into a single, integrated network. We believe the network creates value beyond the sum of its parts, and our data science mission is to measure and enhance that impact. The ideal Data Scientist candidate will combine a thorough understanding of advanced statistical modeling, experimental design, and machine learning, along with the ability to interpret and effectively communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will leverage experimental designs to test hypotheses related to the impact of social care, communicate those findings to internal and external stakeholders, and build production-ready predictive models as part of a larger portfolio of analytic products.
The Data Analytics team supports functions across Unite Us including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, Research & Evaluation, Payments and Marketing. Deliverables will be both client-facing and internal, and will range from client reporting, to impact analysis, to predictive modeling. The Data Scientist needs to be a strong team player, as well as influencer within the company and beyond. This position combines a unique blend of leadership and practical quantitative output. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a person who loves numbers, has strong business acumen and communication skills, and is a passionate change-maker. Groups that are under-represented in quantitative STEM and data science are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage experimental designs and statistical modeling techniques to test hypotheses related to the ROI of social care investments using a wide variety of data sources.
- Lead the design of experiments that generate novel data sources that further the overall mission of the company.
- Work hand in hand with our Machine Learning Engineering team to build enterprise scale research database and ML pipeline.
- Develop predictive analytics capabilities by identifying and leveraging both internal and external data sources and creating tools that support referral decision-making, understand person-level and community needs, and drive product innovation.
- Transform data captured by our health systems partners to power the Unite Us platform by identifying key statistical insights.
- Partner with Business Development, Product and Engineering to understand our partners and the health and social care data landscape.
- This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team focused on data expansion across the country; helping health systems, health plans, life sciences companies and CBOs realize their SDOH data strategy.
- 5+ years experience with modern programming languages (Python, R, SQL) and tools/ libraries (lavaan, dplyr, glmer, data.table, pandas, scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc) used in data science and statistical modeling.
- Robust understanding of statistical modeling techniques (SEM, Survival Analysis, Multilevel Modeling) and experimental design.
- Robust understanding of the statistical foundations of machine learning.
- Experience analyzing the validity and reliability of self-report assessments and surveys.
- Experience scaling work from R&D to a production predictive pipeline built on a modern stack.
- Experience with healthcare data and analytics is preferred.
- You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You love numbers, and have an orientation to find practical solutions to complex problems
- You like to teach others, have strong communication skills and experience briefing leadership on outcomes and recommendations
- You are flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- You have a passion for working with data and understanding how it can be turned into products.
- You have a "get it done" mentality, self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of individuals with different backgrounds and skill sets
- You are a strong communicator with an ability to adapt communication style across stakeholders, both internal and external, with varying levels of seniority
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in Analytics, Statistics and/or Data Science. Growth company experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with health data, or in a healthcare related field preferred.
- Degree in quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, math, data science, or other quantitative scientific discipline. Masters degree required, PhD preferred.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs