Data Engineer - FinTech, FinTech Indirect TDW
Gurugram, Haryana, IND
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Are you passionate about data and code? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build data engineering solutions that process billions of records and supports handling of personally identifiable information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI) data using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation of product for self-service data transformation? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech is seeking a Data Engineer to join the team that is shaping the future of the finance data platform. The team is committed to building the next generation big data platform that will be one of the world's largest finance data warehouse to support Amazon's rapidly growing and dynamic businesses, and use it to deliver the BI applications which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands data that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Our platform serves Amazon's finance, tax and accounting functions across the globe.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. The candidate is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using them to provide new functionality to the users or to scale the existing platform. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the person will work very closely with diverse teams. Having strong analytical skills is a plus. Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers creating the world's largest financial data warehouses and BI tools for Amazon's expanding global footprint.
Key job responsibilities
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
· Interface with tax, finance and accounting customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
· Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
· Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· 4+ years combined experience in Data Warehousing and Big Data Systems
· Solid understanding and experience with at least one MPP Database (Redshift / Teradata / Netezza / Snowflake / etc.)
· Experience with Big Data Systems (Hadoop / Map Reduce / HDFS / Pig)
· Excellent knowledge of SQL (ANSI / Spark / Hive / etc.)
· Hands on experience with one of the scripting languages (Java / Python / etc.)
· Experience with one of the business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE / Tableau / etc.)
Preferred Qualifications· Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience with AWS Technologies (EMR / S3 / Glue / Spectrum / etc.)
· Experience with Object Oriented designing
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance multiple priorities.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs