Data Scientist, Security
Seattle, New York City, or Chicago. Remote in North America only
StripeOnline payment processing for internet businesses. Stripe is a suite of payment APIs that powers commerce for online businesses of all sizes, including fraud prevention, and subscription management. Use Stripe’s payment platform to accept and ...
Build machine learning models to find interesting data patterns, recognize and/or predict potentially malicious behavior, reduce risks associated with insider threats, and streamline incident response.
We’re looking for a data scientist with security engineering experience who is excited about applying their analytical skills to understand user behavior and influence decision making. If you are naturally data curious, enjoy deriving insights from data, and motivated by the opportunity to develop models from the ground up that significantly impact the business, we want to hear from you!
Data security is of paramount importance at Stripe, and you will work with our Insider Threat Detection team, which is committed to promoting data security and protecting Stripe from internal and external threats to its assets and infrastructure. We’re looking for talented candidates who can leverage data science to build out detection capabilities with an emphasis on user behavior, information misuse, and insider threat intelligence. Your work will be critical to reducing risks and promoting trust and integrity within Stripe.
- Research, develop, design, and build models for threat detection, guiding processes for signal ingestion, data analytics, and automation to improve detection and investigation of potentially malicious activity.
- Work cross-functionally with data science, software development, and security engineering teams to architect solutions for analyzing security events data at scale and protecting Stripe networks, systems, and data from insider threats.
- Build statistical, machine learning, and simulation models on large datasets, including unstructured data from disparate sources.
- Drive the collection and processing of new data and the enrichment of existing data sources (network and/or host-based telemetry).
- Develop technical and functional requirements to deploy novel detection capabilities that mitigate emergent and current threats.
- Provide actionable insights to stakeholders to help identify, prevent, and detect anomalous or abusive patterns of user behavior.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience working with behavioral models and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences)
- Existing experience with network security, digital forensics, or security incident response
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL, and familiarity with other programming languages (R, Go, Scala)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Ability to communicate results clearly and focus on impact
- Ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
- Passion for mentoring others and building a data science and security community
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with common network observability or security software (Uptycs, Iceberg, etc.)
- Experience with data-distributed tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, Pig, etc.)
- Knowledge of network protocols (DNS or HTTPS) and understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), security information event management (SIEM), data loss prevention (DLP), enterprise risk management (ERM), fraud detection, or identity and access management (IAM)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Team events
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist - Nationwide Opportunities, AWS Professional ServicesAWS Big Data Computer Vision Consulting Data visualization Deep Learning HPC Machine Learning ML ML models +14
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Data ScientistData analysis Data Analytics Data visualization Economics Engineering Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research SQL +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Senior Research Data ScientistBig Data Engineering ETL Feature engineering Hadoop Industrial Machine Learning NLP OCR OpenCV +6
Career development Equity Flex hours Health care Home office stipend
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs