Senior Data Science Manager, Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform.
you will do:
- Shape Patreon product strategy within our member experience and content consumption teams
- Produce research and analysis through querying large datasets
- Partner with teams across Patreon to inform strategy and evaluate success by defining success criteria, designing experiments, and measuring product efficacy
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon
- Dive into data to illuminate trends and answer key questions about our users
- Constantly improve our team practices and efficiency
- Work with people from all walks of life
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 5+ years experience helping product teams make great decisions with data
- You are an expert in building relationships with product and working autonomously
- You have excellent analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly
- You are an expert querying large datasets, visualizing and presenting data, using Python relevant data libraries (pandas, numpy), and know how to manipulate data in Excel
- You have experience with experimentation and statistical analysis
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity
Projects you may work on:
- Content consumption: Working with our content consumption team to evaluate the way in which members view and engage with content to drive member retention
- Mobile: Evaluating and improving the performance of our mobile apps
- Community: Helping build next generation products that connect creators and the fans they love and enable them to offer seamless community integrations
- Data Science Infrastructure: Scaling experimentation at Patreon including improving the data infrastructure, experimentation framework, and best practices
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Advanced technical skills in SQL and Python, data visualisation, and data infrastructure
- Learn from an energetic Data Science team full of passion for our product, and teams of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers who are building the product
Our data team works with a mix of Redshift, MySQL, Airflow, Python, R, Mode, Tableau, and Amplitude.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to Learn More About Patreon?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs