Principal Data Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSkyWellSky® offers health care software solutions for every kind of care including home health, hospice, blood management, and more. Request a free demo today!
WellSky is looking for a Principal Engineer (Principal Data Architect) to power and guide our Enterprise Data Platform and Enterprise Data Engineering operations. Join a fresh team of seasoned analytics and data engineering professionals building out blue sky opportunities with contemporary cloud data practices. The Principal Engineer is a thought leader responsible for executing the technical aspects of WellSky’s Enterprise & Platform Data. This is absolutely an individual contributor role with no team or people management.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop at the organization level event driven micro-services architecture for real time analytics.
- Design and develop at the organization level distributed data processing pipelines in the Big Data ecosystem using GCP, AWS and Azure Data ingestion & transformation services along with Snowflake data platform.
- Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Build data products that reduce friction and time to delivery for Data Scientists and Analysts
- Developing and maintaining documentation of the data architecture, data flows and data models.
- Ongoing production support of data products
Leadership & Teamwork Skills
- Provide technical product vision for projects across a global team.
- Drive key technical and design discussions with technical leads across the engineering organization and in coordination with WellSky’s many business units.
- Make sound technical decisions, influence priorities, and come up with tradeoffs that maps to short-term and long-term goals and objectives
- Champion new techniques and influence engineering standards across the organization
- Collaborate with technical program management, analytics, and marketing business partners to build scalable and durable solutions that drive business outcomes
- Continuously improve upon existing processes and solutions
You will have direct impact on the users of our solutions, mainly doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines of healthcare and community services.
Your hard work will touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions.
We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Expert level data architecture skills - a deep understanding of data architecture patterns data warehouse, integration, APIs, data lake, data processing, ETL/ELT and cloud technology capabilities
- 10+ years of data architecture and data modeling experience.
- Expert SQL proficiency working with a variety of relational and non-relational databases ex: SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- 5+ recent years working in Cloud stacks, GCP/Azure/AWS only
- Deep experience in Data Migration from RDBMS to emerging cloud platforms like Redshift, Snowflake, Terradata
Do you stand above the rest?
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing
- Experience with one or more relevant tools like Kafka, Streamsets, HVR, Snowflake, Apache Air Flow.
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data visualization tools like Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams in a fast paced, agile environment
- Bonus Points: Go to the top of the stack if you have GCP or Snowflake certifications!
H1B Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S. and Canada WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs