New York - New York City
Veeva SystemsVeeva Systems Inc. is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 750 customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical...
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our New York City office - it’s up to you.
As a Data Engineer on the New York Analytics engineering team, you will be a core contributor in building out next-generation systems and processes that allow us to ingest advertising data and prepare it for health analytics at an ever-increasing scale. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of major subsystems, and work in collaboration with your peers and the wider engineering organization.
What You'll Do
- Handle and provide feedback on ad-hoc data loads for experimental/pre-contract advertising feeds before implementing in our proprietary ingest platform.
- Assist other Data Engineers with complex, large, and time-sensitive data tasks across a modern and evolving technology stack.
- Work with Software Engineers to migrate custom and one-off implementations into code, collaborating on feature and functionality required with product managers.
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions that impact the data and cloud computing domains, in particular on AWS.
- Provide technical guidance and support to members of other teams across the company in your areas of expertise.
- Actively work to develop technical and soft skills through training, event attendance, accreditation, and industry knowledge.
- 2+ years of hands-on, directly relevant, Data Engineering experience.
- Technically proficient in: Python, Relational Databases / SQL, Redshift or another MPP Data Warehouse, Linux
- Experience designing and implementing systems using modern frameworks for ELT/ETL such as Apache Airflow.
- Experience using AWS Database and Big Data tools – primarily we are interested in Redshift, RDS (MySQL & Postgres), and EMR.
- College degree in Computer Science, Math, Systems Engineering or a similar technical field.
Nice to Have
- Proficiency some of the following technologies: Additional Languages: Java, Scala, Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, AWS: S3, RDS, Lambda, EC2, EKS, VPC, SQL, SNS, ELB, CloudFront, Implementation of a Data Lake / Lakehouse design paradigm
- AWS Associate Architect or Developer certification. Professional or Specialty is a big advantage.
Perks & Benefits
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and close to several major transportation hubs.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement.
- Allocation for continuous learning and development.
- Private roof deck and flexible working space.
- Weekly happy hours and other social activities.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Embedded Systems Engineer (Robotics)Cybernetics DataRobot Drones Lidar Machine intelligence Machine Learning Nvidia Jetson +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Unlimited paid time off
U.S. FDA/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Staff Fellow - Senior Data EngineerAirflow APIs AWS Big Data Data Analytics Data pipelines Deep Learning +25
Career development Health care Relocation support
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs