Research Manager - Machine Learning
Clarifai Inc.Clarifai is the leading Machine Learning, Computer Vision & NLP Platform. Label, train, deploy models on one AI platform for developers & data scientists.
About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States and in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
As a leader within Clarifai, you will have impact within the developer community, machine learning field, and on Clarifai's business by using state-of-the-art machine learning tools, assisting with our innovation engine, and transferring your deep learning knowledge to others at Clarifai.
- As a Research Manager, you will be in a key position to shape the future and growth of the company.
- You will lead, manage and mentor a team of 3-8 researchers.
- You will be expected to identify new research opportunities and help mitigate risk by prioritizing and making a cost/effectiveness analysis.
- You will lead your team to use and develop cutting edge technologies and SOTA research to solve real world problems empowering the usage of our platform.
- You will closely work with product, engineering, infra and solutions managers to optimize existing and new capabilities.
- You will be a key influencer on the roadmap, achieving our immediate goals and defining our long term strategy.
- 3+ years as tech lead
- Hands-on experience crafting and experimenting with neural networks, machine learning techniques and computer vision models
- Fluent with deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Fluent with Python, and experience with data science and machine learning packages such as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, and Matplotlib
- Masters in Computer Science or a related field"
Great to Have
- PhD in machine learning-related field
- Experience with various machine learning hubs and frameworks like huggingface, detectron2, OpenMMLab (mmdetection, mmsegmentation, etc.)
- Experience with MLOps tools such as kubernetes and kubeflow
- Experience with NVIDIA's optimization tools such as TensorRT, Triton
- Experience with Go programming language
- Published research papers/patents/blogs
- Contribution to open-source projects
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs