Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Glooko, Inc.Trusted by patients and providers around the globe. Improve outcomes for diabetes or related chronic conditions. Data management. Remote Monitoring. Excellent value.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer that will help us build the intelligence behind our systems. You will apply the latest machine learning algorithms to improve the lives of people and to help doctors in their diagnoses. In this role, you will have high responsibility and a strong impact on the company's success.
- You will be part of our engineering team consisting of machine learning, backend, Android, and iOS engineers.
- You will have the chance to work on top of the biggest diabetes database in the world, with over 3 billion data points.
- You will play a leading role in every part of our machine learning lifecycle: from the initial research to the production-level implementation, from discussing long-term goals, to making post-release micro-improvements. Being an expert in machine learning technologies, you also guide and coach other machine learning engineers at Glooko.
- You are able to navigate yourself quickly through the sea of machine learning literature, keeping our concrete goals as a compass. You will decide the best model for every problem and will be keen to implement that in practice (Python). You are able to explain your choices at any level of detail, from discussing the activation function of your neural network convolutional layer to the most accessible explanation of your goals and results.
- You take ownership of core projects of our company and we can rely on you to drive them forward proactively.
We look forward to welcoming you as part of the Glooko team!
- You are deeply familiar with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and models. You know how to navigate and consume research literature.
- You can build a model, validate it, and quantify your errors. You know how to fine-tune your hyperparameters, optimize the results, and eventually optimize the performance.
- You are comfortable with statistical modeling: applying concepts from statistical inference, hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics to analyze real data.
- You have 3+ years of practical experience in taking machine learning projects from idea to experiment, to prototype, to implementation, with little supervision.
- You have 3+ years of experience developing in Python. You are very familiar with Python libraries and tools for data analysis and machine learning.
- You have strong communication skills and are good at sharing your knowledge. experience in coaching and guiding other machine learning engineers.
- Experience with ML-based digital signal processing is a plus.
- Familiarity with graphical models or Bayesian networks would be appreciated.
- You enjoy what you do and want to work with people who share your passion.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps them, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost-effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management and provides an FDA-cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 80 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs, and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko's Perks and Benefits Include
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team with backgrounds in machine learning, software development, medicine, and business. You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating, and friendly environment. We offer:
- You will join a highly professional and motivated team.
- You will have a competitive salary with equity options.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- You will get invaluable insights into the digital health industry.
- You will enjoy EUR 3000 yearly budget for personal development
We do work that matters, join our journey!
Data privacy notice
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs