Engineering Director - AI/ML
Mountain View, California, United States
EdCast is an AI-powered knowledge cloud for unified discovery, knowledge management, and personalized learning. Our award-winning Platform is used globally by Fortune 500 companies and government organizations to solve content fragmentation’s discovery, curation, and recommendation problems across external, internal, and tacit knowledge sources.
Our mission is to democratize learning. Our goal is to provide frictionless access to knowledge for our enterprise and association customers, making learning “the way we work.” By doing so, our goal is to help upskill the globe to meet the demands of a rapidly changing digital world in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
The headquarters of EdCast is located in Mountain View, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, with growing offices in Rotterdam and Mumbai.
Job Title: Director, Engineering AI/ML
EdCast’s mission is to create Data Science and Machine Learning based rich learning, skilling, and career experiences. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Director of Engineering to lead our engineering efforts.
A critical aspect of this role is the ability to remain a solid hands-on technologist while also offering support, insight, coaching, and proactively surface ideas and concerns of your direct reports. Solid time-management skills and experience in highly autonomous roles are critical. As a leader, you are highly accountable with strong interpersonal skills in working with Engineers, Product leaders, Vendors, and Customers. You function effectively in a busy environment with little or no supervision and are comfortable making independent decisions.
Key Result Areas include:
● Lead and drive execution of new initiatives for Machine Learning using conversational NLP techniques and introduce ML-based learning through Coaching Assistant.
● Manage the development team and ensure timely deliveries.
● Be part of a global Engineering team supporting Fortune 1000 customers worldwide.
● Attract, Develop and Retain key ML talent.
● A driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages excellent performance in a fast-moving environment.
● Results orientated, motivated by success.
● Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
What you need:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related study or equivalent experience.
● 10+ years of hands-on experience architecting and designing highly scalable and resilient systems.
● 10+ years of experience in designing & scaling applications based on Data Science, NLP, and conversational AI
● 10+ years of experience in leading / managerial positions globally
● Good understanding of system availability, security, and performance management.
● Excellent troubleshooting skills and desire to resolve system issues
An opportunity to get ahead in your career by building a great and exciting portfolio that helps others get ahead in theirs. You will be joining a genuinely passionate and multicultural team willing to make a difference and positively disrupt the way learning is done within organizations.
We believe in lifelong learning. We believe we can create abundant opportunities for workforce learning and up-skilling within the organization’s ecosystems. We have the spark, the ambition, the drive, and the passion for making an impact in the world.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs