Senior Data Analyst
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
The art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $30B in commercial inventory, Artsy is the first company to aggregate the lion’s share of it onto a single platform. Our Engineering team is central to unlocking the full potential of Artsy’s marketplace to enable connectivity across art buyers and sellers globally. Artsy is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help drive improvements to our product, operations, and strategy using data and analytical insights.
Our Data Science and Analytics team provides support across all of our products and operations by developing insights and enabling analytical and automated decision making. We build strong partnerships with key stakeholders and work on challenges such as defining, implementing, and tracking company wide metrics, and leading initiatives to improve them. You will report to the Director of Data Analytics, working closely with her and your peers to add business value.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will question existing assumptions, and will set strategic frameworks to uncover and prioritize new product and business opportunities. You will study user behavior, markets, marketing strategies, and contribute to our vision for the rising number of data products we are launching. You will influence product and business leadership to drive better and faster decisions across the org. You will be a part of a fast-growing, collaborative, agile data team which fosters a culture of impact and performance, with ample opportunities for ownership and growth. Some examples of projects you can expect to be responsible for, or contribute to, might include: churn prediction, buyer propensity, customer segmentation, etc.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- Standard social security contributions, mental health support, fertility and parenthood support, fitness and physical health benefits
- A great office space in Berlin as an optional benefit for those who want a space to work and collaborate in person
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture. We have a transparent career ladder and support all team members with their aspirations and long-term goals
- Focus on open source (you can read more on GitHub), and opportunity for conference sponsorship
- About a 65 person tech team across data & engineering, distributed across different product teams
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
- Be a strategic partner to product and business leaders and help drive the right business and product decisions; proactively identify and champion projects that solace complex problems across multiple domains
- Identify, implement, monitor, and report on team-wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines, work with stakeholders to instrument proper tracking and define new data models
- Design and report on A/B tests you will drive improvements to our search experience, artwork recommendation system, and ranking algorithms through rigorous hypothesis testing
- Apply statistical and machine learning models (ie. Time-Series Forecasting Models, Regressions, Kmeans Clustering, Random Forest, SVM etc.) to inform improvements to our business and product such as customer churn, segmentation, artist affinity etc.
- Ship data products that improve our understanding of the art market, desirable art, and how to best serve our collectors
- Build data expertise, best practices and own data quality for all analytical data needs
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below! We are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- This role will be based in Berlin. You are currently authorized to live and work in Berlin
- You are a team player. You understand that being a good teammate requires a combination of soft skills & feedback, and is the key to being successful in a matrix organization
- You’re excited to bring your own unique perspective, experience, and DNA to Artsy’s Engineering team and to decision making
- You care deeply about giving and receiving feedback. (An open feedback culture at Artsy is central to how we work!)
- You have previous experience spanning data analytics and data science, and are proficient in SQL and statistical programming in Python
- You understand what an 80/20 solution is and have experience working quickly, iteratively, and know how to prioritize for impact
- You have experience with applied statistics and a breadth of modeling techniques (ex. regressions, clustering, causal inference, advanced Bayesian techniques) to solve business and product problems
- You have a demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and to communicate them to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have experience leading cross-functional projects end-to-end successfully and in a timely manner
- Experience with rapid product development for a consumer facing tech company and domain experience in e-commerce, marketing or SaaS is preferred and directly transferable to our environment at Artsy
- Prior experience working in a matrixed organization would help you draw parallels to how we work at Artsy, but is not essential
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data AnalystAirflow Data Analytics E-commerce Economics Engineering Excel Python +4
Career development Competitive pay Equity Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs