Senior Data Analyst - Supply Chain
London, Greater London, UK
About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
The LSCN stream creates products which optimise our supply chain such as forecasting customer demand, fulfilment centre replenishment and stock control as well as our home delivery planning, optimisation and execution services which focus on great customer experience and cost optimizations of the last mile of OSP.
What you will be doing…
As an analyst within the Logistics & Supply Chain stream you will help product teams use data to make better informed decisions. You will join a team of analysts and take ownership of ad-hoc analysis and reporting for the Supply Chain & Planning department, with a focus on Demand Forecasting (but not exclusively). As an analyst, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in SQL, and be able to use data visualisation tools to clearly communicate recommendations/findings to differing levels of stakeholder. The scope of the role also includes exposure to data science, data engineering and data architecture through collaboration with other teams.
You should be comfortable with high-levels of ambiguity, being a self-starter and excited by tackling large data challenges!
- Managing existing reporting/dashboards
- Collaborating with Product Managers to create relevant product metrics and with Engineers to define and provide the relevant raw data
- Triaging ad-hoc requests for analysis. This will include liaising with stakeholders to understand questions they are seeking to answer
- Carrying out in-depth analysis related to stakeholder questions or observed changes in metric behaviour. And providing results in a clear and actionable way to stakeholders, using the most appropriate available tooling
- Proactively working with other analysts in the team to identify areas of opportunity for improving our products
- Empowering teams to self-serve data/insights through development in our BI tooling
- Champion a data-driven mindset with Product Managers
The analysis will typically involve using some of the following (previous experience desirable): SQL, Google BigQuery, Google DataStudio, Looker, Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets, Python (pandas, matplotlib)
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Commercially-aware and user-focused - ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value through analytics
- Strong bias for action and impatience for improvement
- Curious, tenacious and meticulous
- Eager to develop and learn new skills
- Demonstrable experience generating insights from data, preferably working in an energetic business setting
- Analytics 101
- Designing KPIs and Metrics that Matter
- Applying data analysis techniques and mathematical methods to complex problems
- Experience working with large/complex datasets in SQL
- Building self-service BI solutions e.g. Looker, DataStudio, Tableau
- Active listener
- Ability to simplify the complex and tailor output for any audience
- Able to bring different skills and personalities together to deliver great outcomes
- Able to manage and influence stakeholders
It would be great but it is not essential if you have…
- Domain knowledge: Supply Chain, Fulfilment or Logistics
- Tech stack: Google BigQuery, dbt, Looker
- Python (pandas, matplotlib)
- Understanding of Machine Learning and optimisation algorithms
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We regularly review our benefits to ensure we are supporting our employees appropriately. Currently, we offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Hybrid working patterns meaning part of the working week can be spent working remotely (typically 3 days per week). However, your working pattern will depend upon your role/team.
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover costs relating to the Certificate of Sponsorship and the Immigration Skills Charge only. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data AnalystAirflow Data Analytics E-commerce Economics Engineering Excel Python +4
Career development Competitive pay Equity Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs