We're looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join the Data Insights team at Zapier, with a focus on revenue and business operations data.
Data Insights is responsible for driving impactful insight, experimentation and quantitative research at Zapier. We work across Product, Growth & Revenue, Partnerships, Marketing and Support, steering our business stakeholders to take data-informed decisions and deepening business understanding of opportunities and risks.
Our Data Scientists are semi-embedded into different business zones, developing tight-knit thought partnerships with key stakeholders. If you are a creative quantitative analyst interested in helping to grow a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to living, this may be the right challenge for you!
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate complex technical topics clearly for a wide audience.
You have around 5+ years of experience in defining and analyzing large, complex datasets, finding actionable business solutions to loosely defined revenue and operations problems.
You have proven stakeholder management expertise. As a collaborative thought partner you're gifted at explaining your findings clearly to a non-technical audience. You’re also excited by helping your team and stakeholders develop KPIs and self-serve dashboards. We believe in empowering our stakeholders to build their own dashboards and own their own first-order analysis.
You’re technically competent with relevant analytics tools (e.g. Python or R), including at least one SQL dialect - they’re all about the same; we happen to use Redshift.
You have deep expertise in designing and analyzing rigorous experiments of varying degrees of complexity. This includes mastery of at least one data visualization tool. We primarily use Looker.
You combine your strong business acumen with statistical expertise (e.g. confidence intervals, regression modeling, significance testing).This includes demonstrated experience with common machine learning techniques for deep data mining and exploration (e.g. predictive modeling, time series modeling, classification and clustering techniques)
You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with teammates with any level of statistical knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
You understand that perfect is the enemy of good. You will default to action by initially shipping solutions that simply work and work simply, while iterating as needed.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you'll get experience on many different projects to support our stakeholders in either the Product & Revenue or the Marketing space. Here are some things you might get to help our teams with:
- Analyze and present user behavior metrics, such as churn, activation, engagement and purchasing drivers. Work with product and business operations managers to design, analyse and interpret experiments to improve these metrics.
- Use a variety of statistical methods to explore, discover and present user and market insights in order to proactively guide a range of business decisions, such as how Zapier strategically positions itself in the automation market.
- Ensure all teams have insight to data and can answer their own first-order questions.
- Develop data literacy programs and provide easy to use tools with clear documentation, examples and tutorials.
- Perform ETL tasks to model new dimensions and facts in our data warehouse’s dimensional model.
- Tools you’ll probably use include AWS Redshift, SQL, Looker, Amplitude, DBT, Matillion ETL, and Python or R.
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Travel - we come together 2-3 times per year for our employee retreats, typically in North America. You should expect to travel between 5 percent.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs