Data Engineer, Finance
US - Remote
KeepTruckinModern fleet management software. Live GPS Tracking, Dash cams, ELD Compliance, and Trailer Tracking — all in one place. Trusted by 55,000 fleets.
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.Data Engineer - Finance Analytics
at KeepTruckin (View all jobs)
US - Remote
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across industries trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
We are looking for strong Data Engineers to grow our Finance Analytics team. The Finance Analytics team is responsible for driving key areas of the company’s financial and related data through analytics, modeling, and visualization of results. The team works in three areas: (1) Design and maintain data pipelines for key financial data, (2) Creating models to explain or forecast and (3) Enabling internal teams to access data without requiring deep technical expertise.
As a Data Engineer, you will be involved and responsible for ownership and driving key data initiatives and life cycle of the data management. This will include partnering with team members within the Finance org and across other departments to gather information to understand the core request, advise on data including limitations, and data ingestion, querying system, cost reduction efforts towards delivering product features to internal and external KT customers.
What You'll Do:
- Leading and driving from requirements, scoping, design, development, deployment of data management systems and infrastructure for building and supporting new features
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of the business and how data flows through the organization and through the codebase while playing a key role in building an efficient and scalable data and reporting layer for the organization.
- Scaling up the ingestion pipeline, data quality, processing system while maintaining SLAs on performance, reliability, and system availability.
- Measuring and continuously improving ETL execution times, cost of running data processing jobs in production, rate of experimentation, reducing iteration time to help you and the teams make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards to improve the visibility into data as well as business operations
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Data Development, Data Warehousing, and Analytics.
- Exposure to Accounting or Corporate Finance concepts through direct college coursework or work experience.
- Strong background in SQL, data transformation, modeling, and architecture
- Experience in Python and/or Java development with experience designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable data systems and pipelines, using technologies like Snowflake or Airflow.
- Excellent automation, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs