Senior Machine Learning Engineering Manager, Predictions Platform
San Francisco, CA, United States
TwilioWith Twilio, unite communications and strengthen customer relationships across your business – from marketing and sales to customer service and operations.
Join the team as our next Senior Machine Learning Engineering Manager, Predictions Platform
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is responsible for leading and growing a team of talented machine learning engineers in Twilio Engage’s Predictions team. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Engineering Manager to join, build, and lead the newly-formed Machine Learning Platform team, which is at the core of Twilio Engage’s ML strategy.
In this role you will lead a team of ML engineers to partner with Product, Analytics, and Engineering teams to build products that enable marketers to make smart decisions about their campaigns and deliver personalized customer experiences. This role is highly strategic and is uniquely positioned to drive multiplier impacts for Twilio Engage as we continue to innovate and expand our core products. At the same time, you will get to lead an amazing team of talented ML engineers to shape the future of our business.
Twilio Engage is the brand new growth automation platform, built natively on Segment as the customer data platform (CDP) and natively on Twilio’s communications APIs. Our vision is a unified platform that intelligently delivers the most relevant content to marketers through the best channel at every point in their lifecycle. Imagine a platform that can take the hundreds of thousands of messages entering Segment’s pipelines every second, add in a new identity graph, and overlay multiple high speed, realtime and batch databases — and you have the Personas platform. We’ve since built several successful products on top of the Personas platform: Segment Audiences for real time audience management, Segment Traits for computation, and Profile API for real time personalization.
We are now adding intelligence to the customer engagement by leveraging the data across multiple channels and harnessing the power of machine-learning. We are personalizing customer engagement by transforming raw customer data across all channels into actionable, individualized, machine-learning based customer predictions that marketers can leverage in any workflow or process.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead our ML team to build, evaluate, deploy and iterate on large scale Machine Learning systems.
- Build production grade propensity models to drive personalization strategies for Twilio Engage, utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques as appropriate
- Set the technical vision for your team and be accountable for team plans and deliverables
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking and motivated ML engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- Work with large scale Data Systems and ML infrastructure
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- BS, MS, or PhD in CS, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields or related work experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building production grade Machine Learning or AI systems
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- ML domain knowledge to define and execute technical strategy
- Strong industry experience working with large scale data
- Proven software engineering skills across multiple languages including but not limited to Python, Go, C/C++
- Experience with Machine Learning software tools and libraries (e.g., Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.)
- A strong track record of recruiting, leading and growing technical teams
- Solid engineering fundamentals; machine learning infrastructure experience is preferred
- Prior experience working on a wide-variety of optimization, and classification problems, e.g. segmentation, propensity modeling, classification, click-through rate prediction, collaborative filtering/recommendation, and/or spam detection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role will be based in our San Francisco office or remote. No travel is required for this role.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $177,024 - $221,280
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs