Pune, Maharashtra, India
AktanaBuild stronger relationships with HCPs. Aktana Contextual Intelligence uses AI to coordinate and optimize personalized omnichannel engagement.
Aktana is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our Data Science team in Pune. The Data Science team builds mathematical and behavioral economics models underpinning Aktana’s core solutions for actionable analytics and behavioral intelligence. The set of problems that we tackle is incredibly diverse and complex. They cut across optimization, prediction, modeling, inference, and behavioral science. We research and develop the algorithms and models that make our solution intelligent, as well as implementing, scaling and maintaining the code that powers our production systems.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with experience and background in commercial life science domain, passionate about solving mathematical and behavioral problems with data, and is excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment. And also has software engineering background to be able to work with data and develop machine learning models easily.
Principle Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Customer Success and Services teams to frame a problem, both mathematically and within the business context
- Write production-level code; collaborate with Engineering team to implement algorithms in production and productize common solutions
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
- Construct and fit statistical, machine learning and optimization models
- Utilize commonly used computing and database environments to get the data that you need and implement a working prototype of the formulated model.
- Learn and apply new methodologies in the intersection of applied math/ probability/statistics/machine learning/computer science.
- Make intelligent approximations to the model if required to make it scalable.
- Analyze experimental and observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
- Identify data sources that could be used to test assumptions
What you’ll need to be successful...
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / Statistics / Operations Research / Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines with at least 2 years of experience
- 2 years+ of Data Science experience
- Proven track record of developing algorithms for production-ready recommendation or prediction systems using languages and big data platforms such as Scala, Python, R, Java, Spark, Cassandra, and Hadoop
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Passion for solving unstructured and non-standard mathematical and behavioral problems
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Experience with analytics for commercial life science and pharma-specific analyses a big plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, being able to explain complex problems and the solutions applied, feeling comfortable in being part of the sales process, supporting the sales team, engaging with customers and presenting technical solutions to a nontechnical audience
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Great team player, willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to solve a problem.
You’ll really stand out if…
- Experience in data science and data analytics for life science industry especially in GTM strategy and execution a big plus
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
Why you’ll love working at Aktana…
Committed to customer success and innovation, Aktana is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). Our proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multi-channel engagement with HCPs. Today, more than half of the top 20 global pharma companies are using Aktana for intelligent engagement.
Aktana is growing fast and looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We are committed to building a diverse workplace in which our employees are empowered to do their best work. We value hard work, transparency, and collaboration – and we like to have fun too!
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have offices in Philadelphia, London, Barcelona, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Bucharest, Pune, Sydney, and Sao Paulo.
Aktana conducts background investigations and/or reference checks on all new hires.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs