Data Science Product Manager
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of technical PM roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail.
Who we are
Our Marketing Data Science team drives development of world-class ML systems that improve our customer understanding and marketing decisions. We build innovative DS products and services that enhance our customer experience, improve customer loyalty, and ultimately grow our business. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, causal inference and personalization. We’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the product roadmap and closely partners with DS leads on planning and delivery of Data Science solutions from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Map a business problems/opportunities to an analytical problem and use DS expertise to quickly reduce possible solution space and assess feasibility of off-the-shelf DS models
- Lead the ideation, opportunity sizing, planning, and integration of machine learning models into various marketing channels and ads placements. Lead cross-functional partners to solve problems in a way that makes things easier over time.
- Serve as the single point of contact for your portfolio of ML products and triage new stakeholders requests and understanding where/how this fits into our longer term roadmap
- Collaborate with product leads across Wayfair Ad-Tech, Storefront, Infrastructure, and peer ML teams to ensure we’re building the right capabilities in the right place
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair (including VP+ audiences). Develop and own communication strategy for both technical and business stakeholders (including OKR tracking, sprint planning, executive documentation, and biweekly updates).
- Take a leadership role in scaling up the data science products organization at Wayfair
Who you are
- Strategic thinker with a customer-centric mindset and a desire for creative problem solving, looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Excellent written and verbal communication
- 5+ years of technical product management experience, ideally in the adtech/martech, analytics, or data science space
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand business needs and the underpinnings of our product vision as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Solid SQL/ data wrangling skills, ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker.
- A technology enthusiast with a curious mind; you value continuous learning and enjoy staying up to date on the latest in the adtech/martech space, key players, new capabilities, etc.
- Exposure to machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving
- A solid understanding of mechanics and advertising technology for our key paid media partners (Facebook, Google GDN, Pinterest, TheTradeDesk, Xandr) - including audience management, bidding, identify matching, A/B testing, campaign management, etc.
- Experience calling APIs using Python or other languages
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in a quantitative field
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
U.S. FDA/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Staff Fellow - Data ScientistData analysis Deep Learning Machine Learning ML ML models Predictive modeling Python +7
Career development Health care Relocation support Transparency
U.S. FDA/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Staff Fellow - Senior Data EngineerAirflow APIs AWS Big Data Data Analytics Data pipelines Deep Learning +25
Career development Health care Relocation support
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs