Finance Data Analyst, Data Assurance
We are looking for a Finance Data Analyst to join our Finance Product and Margin team in Tallinn. Team is part of the Finance Tribe.
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Data Quality Assurance is fundamental to the success of Wise mission and ensures that across our dozens of product teams and hundreds of microservices, we have a single source of truth of product data that is complete, consistent and compliant.
Together with the rest of the data quality assurance team, you will be working on developing and maintaining sophisticated data quality controls, building data reconciliation tools, identifying and solving inconsistencies in financial data.
- Analyse the operational, business and financial risks
- Design and implement advanced data reconciliation and control algorithms across multiple databases.
- Build automated data quality issue tracking and impact reporting across the entire lifecycle - from source systems to data transformations.
- Build automated analytics on timeliness and compliance of real time Wise product data.
- Collaborate with teams across Wise to fix data quality issues, such as missing or incorrect data and run operational processes together with regional / product operations teams.
A bit about you
- Self-sufficient with data analytics - you are good with data, complex datasets, SQL and databases.
- Experience with designing and implementing data controls and control processes, working with auditors or regulators.
- Curious and analytical - you are able to mine the knowledge from other teams, investigate data, databases and data transformations and understand how it fits with your goals.
- You see the big picture - able to think several steps ahead to ensure that decisions and actions taken by others contribute into the bigger picture of data quality assurance.
- Passionate about data and creative analytical algorithms.
- Team player - able to work across teams and functions.
- Ability to work independently and plan on your own as well as together with the team.
- Open, communicative, and fun to work with.
- Ready to travel and spend time in London, UK
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Work on large, mission-critical systems - be part of the team developing innovative data quality assurance function in a fast growing fintech company.
- Own your own path to success - you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Learn and grow - discover up to date control standards and procedures, work with various external and internal audit parties, building scalable processes in agile environment and much more.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs