Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain Data Engineering (Data Sourcing)
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain Data Engineering (Data Sourcing)
Wayfair is looking for a Product Manager to oversee the tools and user interfaces required to process, evaluate, monitor, and expose data from all supply chain sources through to an organized and usable data lake. This role will be tasked with defining a path toward self-service, enabling all data producers to onboard and maintain their own data according to a rigorously enforced organizational standard. This centralized data is used in operational reporting, analytics, research, forecasting, and machine learning. This product set includes the following:
- Pipelines and tools to configure and process data quickly, automating work wherever possible
- Proactive monitoring & automated alerting, ensuring all data sources can prioritize repair of and data users are aware of gaps, issues, and failures
- Visualization of existing and desired data pipelines, their relationships to each other, and any known gaps and weaknesses
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and build a cross-functional team of experienced product managers, software engineers, analysts and data scientists.
What You Will Do:
- Partner closely with senior tech leads in supply chain engineering teams to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, decision-making processes, communication processes and product delivery.
- Establish strategy and roadmap for how we architect and release tools to build our central data lake. Create a long term release plan to streamline and centralize operational data throughout Wayfair.
- Partner closely with ontology experts to ensure all data conforms to our organizational standard and all data can be related as cartons move through our supply chain.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing the transformational layer between raw event data and operational reporting and analytics.
- As a leader in product management, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, and building strong internal & external partnerships.
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years Product management experience with a track record of building large scale enterprise software products, or those with exceptional leadership and supply chain or manufacturing experience looking to make a transition from consulting and other industries into ecommerce
- 1+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about transforming complex engineering solutions into tools that deliver operational impact for end users
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA or engineering degree a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs