Senior Data Engineer
New York, NY, United States
DataminrCustomers rely on Dataminr’s AI platform for early signals of high-impact events and emerging risks, to respond with confidence and manage crises more effectively
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You have 5+ years of experience with data engineering. You love all things data. You share knowledge and love to learn. You have some experience designing, building and maintaining data infrastructure and are proficient in cloud-native dev ops. You enjoy writing and maintaining ELTs and their orchestration in order to produce meaningful and timely insights. Ideally you excel at integrating data from different sources, using SQL and Python, or Java, for exploratory analyses and data validation, and are well-versed in the advantages and limitations of various big data architectures and technologies. You are intellectually curious and you understand the importance of mindful communication in engineering. You have a history of mentoring other engineers and you give your time and support to help others.
If you enjoy working on a collaborative, high growth team with best-in-class cloud-native technologies, this is the role for you! Our tech stack includes Snowflake, Kafka & Kafka Connect, Spark, Scala, Java, Python, and our business model is 24/7 streaming data. We support both streaming and batch processes within an integrated and resilient architecture that delivers high impact results for teams across the company. We are passionate about Data Infrastructure as a Service, and we find meaning in enabling others to work faster by building better tooling. In this role, you will enjoy greenfield big data engineering projects that provide highly-performant and easy-to-maintain data infrastructure. You’ll partner with other teams across research, AI and engineering, and the likelihood is high that you’ll make their day with data. You’ll contribute to expanding our methods for ensuring the validity and quality of the company’s datasets, and you’ll help develop systems that accurately monitor and measure the impact of releases to our production systems. In the first month, you’ll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our data infrastructure and our roadmap with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- share responsibility for data infrastructure with members of your team.
- help to plan new infrastructure features and improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our data platform strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- own an area of the data platform, depending on your interests
- design and implement pipelines that impact multiple teams across the company.
- be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our data platforms.
- bring new ideas to our engineering and analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-BM #LI-Remote
For Individuals applying US roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs