Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Marketplace, Remote)
Amsterdam & Athens & Remote
BeatOur mission is to help people move around the city quickly and conveniently. Simply put is your City, Your ride, your driver at a tap of a button.
Beat is the fastest growing ride hailing app in Latin America and a part of the international FreeNow Group, the multi-service mobility joint venture backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. One city at a time, we are on a mission to develop seamless mobility for a safe and sustainable urban life. We are proud to say we have launched Beat Tesla / Loonshot, the first and largest private all-electric vehicle service in Latin America.
As an organization, we are committed to our drivers with ethical practices and a safe working environment. To our customers, we differentiate ourselves from other ride-hailing apps with our super user-friendly app and excellent customer service. Last but not least, our priority is to maintain a hyperlocal approach in everything we do, from product to operations to marketing.
We are proud to see Beat leading the FreeNow group in growth in 2021 and we have ambitious plans for 2022. But we need you to help us get closer to our vision: a connected Latin America where the only question is “Where Next?”
We are currently operating in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Greece and are transporting over 24 million riders with the support of more than 700,000 drivers. Our global headquarters are in Athens - where BEAT started back in 2011. We also have offices in Amsterdam.
Our employee base is spread out even wider. We mastered the hybrid workspace with our office and remote locations even before Covid-19. So if you are interested in joining us on our mission, whether based in one of the countries we operate or elsewhere in the world, we are happy to hear from you!
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the Machine Learning team within the Matching Domain.
The domain has all necessary crafts to allow us to achieve our goals autonomously and consists of a Product team (Product Managers, Data Analysts and Designers) and Engineering (Backend, Frontend, Data and ML). The domain has the following areas of responsibility:
- Dispatch, orchestrating the whole matching workflow between passenger and drivers
- Matching, trying to find the optimal driver for a passenger
- Mapping, providing map-related services to all domains in the company
Our teams work in a virtual office setup, with overlapping hours and a mixture of sync and async communication methods. You’ll be reporting to the ML team’s Engineering Manager.
What’s the day to day
The ML team is working in all doman’s areas of responsibilitiles. We are responsible for intelligently matching drivers to user’s ride requests using driver and passenger behaviour modelling. We also estimate the total duration of rides using ML models and we apply data-driven insights and heuristics to optimally configure the Matching’s flow parameters. We are concerned with the whole lifecycle of the development of a ML/DS product as our work starts with formalizing the business requirements and follows all appropriate steps until a well performing, ML-powered solution gets into BEAT’s production flow.
Our marketplace team work on matching drivers with passengers, focusing on the best optimisation of this, so the main challenge is the balance of dynamic pricing to keep the drivers earnings optimised and the passengers fair lower.
If you can help us solve these challenges, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Work within a cross-functional team, highly skilled in data science, machine learning, software engineering and data engineering.
- Understand product requirements and formulate suitable ML-based POCs to satisfy them.
- Convert successful POCs to fully-fledged ML-based product features and put them in BEAT’s production flow in collaboration with Matching’s domain’s backend teams.
- Evaluate ML features/models both offline and online through AB tests and online performance monitoring.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing solutions.
- Take full ownership of your work, being able to lead and mentor junior to mid level teammates.
- Be part of BEAT’s ML Chapter, a community of ML engineers across the company, formed with the purpose of knowledge sharing across different teams.
What you need to bring
- Master's degree in Computer Science or in a related STEM field. Higher degrees are highly appreciated.
- Solid understanding of methods, concepts, models, evaluation schemes across the whole DS/ML landscape, eg. supervised learning, unsupervised learning, data mining etc.
- Solid coding experience in Python.
- Solid experience in working the full software development lifecycle using the industry’s best practices.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
What is useful to have:
- Hands-on experience with MLOPs frameworks such as Kubeflow, MLFlow, (Azure ML Studio) or Amazon Sagemaker.
- Hands-on experience with Apache Spark.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
About the interview process at BEAT
During our interview process, we want to learn about you but also provide you with a good understanding of what it’s like to work at Beat. We will introduce you to several team members and stakeholders to make sure you can ask all your questions.
Here is what you can expect:
- An initial conversation with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- An introductory meeting with your potential future manager
- For tech roles, there is a take home assignment that you will need to submit by the agreed deadline
- The last stage of the interview process will be meetings with the team and internal stakeholders.
Throughout the process, our Candidate Experience team will be there to support you and ensure that you have a great time interviewing with us.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools
- Annual training budget for personal development
- An extra day off during your birthday month
- Access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- Bi-Monthly BEAT Enrichment days to focus on your development
- A great opportunity to grow and work with a fast growing and progressive team. Being part of an environment that gives employees room to grow, autonomy and mentoring.
- An amazing, supportive, collaborative and humble company culture!
Diversity fuels the spirit and innovation at Beat. Our commitment to inclusion without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, disability, age, religion, LGBTQ+ and experience drives us forward everyday.
Please send us your CV in English
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs