Denver, Colorado, United States
TwilioWith Twilio, unite communications and strengthen customer relationships across your business – from marketing and sales to customer service and operations.
Join the team as our next Data ScientistWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to help scale our understanding of the Twilio user experience by modeling customer attributes and behaviors across multiple touchpoints in order to achieve three important outcomes. First, we want to identify optimizations that can accelerate the path from signup to production. Second, we want to identify product characteristics that lead to satisfying long-term user experiences. And finally, we want to classify different types of users based on their characteristics and behaviors.
Our team is small but growing quickly. You will have the opportunity to make a big impact on a team that is getting a lot of visibility and tackling novel challenges in data modeling.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Model the relationship between user characteristics + behaviors and key business outcomes.
- Classify different types of users based on their characteristics and behaviors.
- Partner with stakeholders from multiple disciplines (PMs, data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, qualitative researchers) to clearly define the problems to be solved.
- Communicate insights from your analyses to diverse audiences including non-technical and technical roles.
- Plan your work for each quarter (e.g. a deliverables roadmap) and for each 2 week sprint (using Jira).
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Significant experience modeling and classifying data using machine learning techniques, including clustering techniques, using Python and/or R in a full time position.
- Proficient working with SQL and relational data, including joining, aggregating and filtering data.
- A degree in data science, analytics, or related field and relevant experience. The following are guidelines: Ph.D. + 2 years of relevant experience or a Masters + 5 years of relevant experience or a BS/BA + 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and probability including descriptive statistical concepts like mean, median, mode, variance, and standard deviation; inferential statistical techniques and concepts like regression, t-test, ANOVA and maximum likelihood estimators; and characteristics of different distributions.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Significant experience with communicating insights from your analyses to diverse audiences including both non-technical and technical roles, including executives.
- Data visualization experience, especially Tableau.
- Experience with time series and/or forecasting methods.
- Experience with AWS (Sagemaker, EC2, Lambda, etc.).
This role will be remote, and based in Denver CO, USA.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096 - $137,280
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs