Data Engineer - Support
Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
FreshBooksThe best cloud based small business accounting software. Send invoices, track time, manage receipts, expenses, and accept credit cards. Free 30-day trial.
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
FreshBooks is seeking a Data Engineer, Support to join our team. As part of the Data and Analytics Team reporting directly to the Data Engineering Manager, you will help us design, implement, and operate the future of our data engineering support infrastructure and processes, which support data usage across the organization. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
Specifically in this position you will:
- Work hands-on with our data and analytics technology stack to determine incidents’ root cause, trace and fix bugs, improve data pipelines, and build automation.
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and data analysts to support SLAs, SLOs and SLIs that drive excellence in data engineering monitoring, observability and support.
- Help design, implement, and support a robust incident management framework and work closely with data product owners, business stakeholders and executives to provide timely and accurate communications.
- Provide support to data engineers and our larger data & analytics team regarding our methodologies and standards which keep monitoring, observability and dev/ops best practices as a primary focus.
- Create & automate processes wherever possible to handle monitoring, alerts and re-runs.
- Be part of a first response/on-call support program with internal teams and/or external vendors.
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions.
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process.
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in data engineering.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for data engineering!
- Experience creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Strong programming skills in SQL and Python
- Experience with Google Cloud, or another major cloud provider such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar cloud data warehouse technologies
- Experience with Airflow (Workflow Management Platform)
- Experience with industry ETL & BI tools (Fivetran, Informatica, Datastage, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI etc.)
- Familiarity with data pipeline monitoring and observability practices
- Experience with Git workflows, continuous integration and automated build pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What you might bring:
- A strong practitioner of test-driven (and behaviour driven) development
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and other DevOps and infrastructure as code technologies.
- A track record of staying at the forefront of data engineering technology.
- Experience with streaming technology (e.g. Google Pub/Sub, AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Dataflow, Apache Beam, Spark, etc.)
- Understanding of data warehouse modeling fundamentals (e.g. dimensional modeling, 3NF, star schema) and application relational database concepts (e.g. normalization, referential integrity)
- Subject matter data expertise in the SaaS industry.
- A limitless imagination for where data could go and what we can do with it to make our customers and our people awesome!
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one.
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes!
- Our ever-expanding, global team cares about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off - including vacation, volunteer, and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess team? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Remote? Local? Sure!
Although the data team at large is mostly based out ot the Toronto (Canada) office, this position can be 100% remote if desired, or a blend of remote and in-office (COVID policies pending) should successful candidates live near any of our amazing offices: Toronto (Canada), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Raleigh (USA), San Luis Potosi (Mexico), Zagreb (Croatia), and Frankfurt (Germany).
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs