Staff Data Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSkyWellSky® offers health care software solutions for every kind of care including home health, hospice, blood management, and more. Request a free demo today!
Are you a Staff Data Engineer at the top of your game looking for your next big challenge?
Would you like to be part of a small, agile engineering team empowered to make a difference?
Do you have a passion for projects that can have a positive effect on people’s lives?
WellSky seeks a top-notch Data Engineer to join our Revenue Cycle Management team, which is part of our growing group in Home Health. You will be part of an empowered team to bring an enterprise view of client's revenue data to a single pane of glass, allowing them to better observe, report and perform actions to improve the billing of their patients!
You will have direct impact on the users of our solutions, Patients, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others who are on the front lines of healthcare and community services. Your hard work will also touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Design, develop and maintain the data architecture, data models and standards for various projects in Snowflake, combined with other technologies.
- Develop data solutions to enable new product & BI development for the revenue cycle management teams.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flows and data models.
- Data refactoring and structure optimization.
- Mentor and collaborate with other bright engineers (Data, Software, & Dev/Ops).
Do you have what it takes?
- A deep understanding of data architecture principles and data warehouse methodologies – specifically Kimball or Data Vault.
- Adept at ETL/ELT development and optimization.
- Skilled in a database cloud technology.
- 5+ years of data architecture and data modeling experience.
- Highly skilled in SQL and Postgres.
- Any object oriented, high-level programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
Do you stand above the rest?
- 3+ years of hands-on architecting and building cloud data solutions in Snowflake.
- 3+ years of developing data solutions with Python.
- Proficient working with large, structured data sets, 1+billion rows/5+terabytes.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of Kafka.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- Strong understanding of Data Governance.
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S. and Canada WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs