Data Scientist - Applied Machine Learning
Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE, U.S. Remote
HudlHudl provides video review and performance analysis tools for sports teams and athletes at every level.
We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our team and work to improve Hudl products by integrating them with machine learning. You will be part of a team currently focused on optimizing video tagging workflows by leveraging data generated from machine learning algorithms. You’ll build both interfaces, intermediary algorithms and evolve current algorithms that transform raw ML output into measurable workflow improvements for users. There will also be opportunities to get more involved with the existing low level computer vision algorithms and also develop new models from the ground up.
- A data scientist who likes to build products. You have 1+ years of experience in a data science role. You enjoy building algorithms that will be used to improve a user’s experience. Software engineering isn’t your primary skill, but if needed you’re comfortable enough with coding to make small changes in various parts of an application.
- Interested in digging into data to solve problems. Systems and processes don’t always work as expected, we need to evaluate data to make sure everything is operating as intended and has the effects we desire.
- Flexible and excited to learn totally new domains and technologies. Your team will do whatever it takes to get an algorithm into production, which often means having to make small updates to other systems or adjust requirements as we go. You see the opportunity in this and are ready to learn something new.
- Willing to maintain and support a production system. Hudl’s Applied Machine Learning (AML) Team is looking to ship real updates that have an impact directly on the company’s bottom line. By doing so, we’re responsible for what’s released and need to take care of it.
- Someone who enjoys iterating from prototypes to production systems. It’s not always clear what the best implementation will be and we’ll have a lot of ideas that need to be evaluated. You know how to balance quick iteration with production quality updates, when requirements need to be adjusted, and when to push for more or less time on an experiment.
- Build algorithms and services that generate data and have an impact on the final product. You’ll do so using a variety of technologies including Python and Docker.
- Optimize Hudl’s processes with a data-driven approach. For example, optimizing tagging workflows via new interfaces, steps, or features.
- Learn how to build algorithms that directly solve real-world problems
- Collaborate with multiple product teams and users.
- Have an impact directly on your users by integrating machine learning into their workflows to make their work more efficient and enjoyable.
- Teach you. You’ll be ramped up on the various technologies and domains that AML uses, when applicable. This includes AWS infrastructure, machine learning, Python utilities, web applications and more!
- Challenge you. We’re breaking new ground on how machine learning can be applied to products. The problems are not solved and patterns are not set. You’ll have the opportunity to establish these standards, processes, and approaches for yourself with the help of your team.
- Support you. We’re committed to building solutions for each other in addition to our stakeholders. Our team members make time to help, advise, and remove roadblocks, with regular collaboration across groups.
- Include you. We’ll invite you to all our AML game days and let you in on all our fantastic inside jokes.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs