Data Analyst, Regulatory Reporting (Remote)
Arizona, United States
OscarFlexible plans that make getting care easy without jumping through hoops and a dedicated Care Team on call ready to help you find what you need.
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Regulatory Reporting team at Oscar works in partnership with multiple teams (within operations and external to operations) to produce, document and extract data used by regulators to affirm that we always treat our members and provider partners fairly. We provide an additional layer of oversight over regulatory data deliverables and ensure continuity as our business grows. Our goal is to ensure that any evidence/data we submit to external regulators (1) meets specifications, (2) is subjected to QA processes, (3) is well documented, and (4) is reproducible for future data validation audits and objection handling. Our challenge is to ensure Oscar meets our growing regulatory obligations by designing, scaling, and improving on our data operations.
You will design and manage processes with a focus on de-risking our core operations, compliance and improving quality for core operational tasks. You will Identify and scope development of foundational processes, scaling our regulatory operations, providing analytical support and summarizing the complexity of our data and operations into clear explanations to meet our regulatory obligations.
You will report to the Associate Director, Insurance Operations. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Lead development of clear, scalable and dynamic operational processes which support regulatory and audit requirements.
- Develop, and prioritize operations roadmaps working to implementation.
- Lead and cross collaborate on iterative problem definition and technical scoping to build solutions to improve the efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Distill the requirements of new product and market expansions and design automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, and technical tooling.
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology and data models and its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A bachelor's degree or 3 years commensurate experience
- 3+ years of operations experience (process improvement, project managing, and lean operations)
- 3+ years of work experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- 3+ years of experience using data software such as Excel, VBA Macros, SQL or Python
- Experience in knowledge management processes
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into business requirement
- Background in policy or governance
- Experience automating or designing data pipelines
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs