Associate Director - Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Category: Business Intelligence / Analytics / Data Analysis
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We think critically to tackle complex challenges.
You will join as a leader in the Global Analytics Tech Team team focused on driving the design, creation and operation of the business infrastructure and data solutions that supports our Global operations teams and our business strategy primarily driven by the synergies of the tech and business world.
In this role you will act as a technical guide to enable the business to get where they need to go, working in the intersection between engineering and business. You’ll manage a strong team of ambitious Data Analysts and Managers focusing on coaching and development while simultaneously managing a high number of senior executive stakeholders. We’re looking for someone creative, innovative and always optimizing for the success of the initiative.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a group of 10+ highly skilled Data Analysts and Managers - where success is shown in the ability to coach and mentor them to the next level of performance
- Act as the primary analytics contact for more than 15+ Business teams, keeping them appraised, updated and confident with the work the team is doing and the vision for the future.
- Drive a step-change in Performance Management reporting from historical insights to forward looking proactive and predictive modeling
- Oversee large-scale technical migrations and change management: e.g. migration into cloud-based solutions, ensuring that our systems and processes continue to operate at all times.
- Work as a thought partner and technical innovator for the head of the department, bringing a fresh perspective to old problems, with a high focus on collaboration and problem-solving.
- Partner with Engineering departments to ensure a strong synergy between technology capabilities and business visibility needs, often getting into the technical details of real-time data streaming and pipelining (Kaftke/GCP)
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years managing analytical teams, with experience in coaching and developing junior team members
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to and managing 15+ senior stakeholders simultaneously
- 8+ Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis:
- Experience building reporting tooling on large data sets; experience with Excel/Tableau/Looker/DataStudio
- Advanced SQL/Big Query and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired.
- Cloud Architecture Integration
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record
- Numeracy & strong analytical ability
- Solution-oriented & curious intellectual mindset- We provide fast results, we scope projects and we are always learning
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs