VP, Data Analytics Lead - Remote
Remote - USA
From the the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the success, growth, support, and integration of the Data Analytics team. You will lead the Data Analytics team that are responsible for developing our client’s budget forecasting, risk mitigation strategies and financial reporting. You have strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, ability to partner with multiple teams to ensure all client deliverables are executed precisely and flawlessly.
FROM THE TEAM: We support one another to help each other grow and to be sure we succeed together in supporting our clients - We are a TEAM. We make a difference on a daily basis by providing exceptional service to our clients and their employees. What's exciting about this position is the variety in the work. No client is the same, so you cannot expect the same resolution will yield the same results each time. Every day provides the opportunity to learn something new, try new things, and have fun! Our best employee in this role has the willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and is dependable.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront Office location. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: SVP, Client Experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Create and manage department flow processes, guidelines, ongoing objectives, goals, and strategy.
- Align department goals, objectives, and processes with those of the organization and Employee Benefits.
- Oversee all operations within the data analytics department.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding goals and objectives put forth by the executive leadership team.
- Responsible for making any necessary process improvements on an as –needed basis.
- Develop and manage organization-wide metrics for the Data Analytics department and establish relevant data sources.
- Create and manage actuarial, underwriting, and utilization review models, deliverables, and output.
- Coordinate with Market Leaders and producers on new client assignments.
- Drive and advocate consistent processes to support the client engagement framework in collaboration with the Market Leaders.
- Recruit and hire both direct and indirect reports on the Data Analytics team.
- Lead, develop, and train analysts, underwriters, and other colleagues.
- Conduct annual employee review process and individual development goals for direct reports.
- Implement strategies to continually enhance the team’s logical reasoning and business analytics capabilities, in support of client and departmental decisions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in order to explain technical analysis with regards to plan renewal, marketing, budgeting, contribution scenarios and demographic analysis
- Build and maintain carrier partnerships as a subject matter expert and advisor. Attend and participate in external seminars as a company representative for education and industry networking.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional associations
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advance complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, create solutions, and lead process improvements.
- Thrives working with others in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional management skills. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively anticipate and address issues and client and team needs.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to navigate demanding schedules, priorities, and volumes.
- Ability to learn, adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Exceptional at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at multiple and strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships, build trust and manage up and down.
- Excellent management, people, and team-building skills. Ability to coach and motivate others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in a brokerage.
- Licensed within 1 month of hire.
- Benefits experience required.
- Independently lead accounts and provide guidance to team, including accounts that you do not lead and team members that do not work on your specific clients.
- Extreme confidence in industry expertise and understanding of industry trends
- Ability to leverage industry relationships.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- CA Department of Insurance Life License (required).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires occasional (seasonally frequent) driving to and from company and client meetings, events and/or conferences.
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data AnalystBigQuery Data Studio Data visualization E-commerce Engineering Finance KPIs +12
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Gear Health care +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs