Computer Vision, Senior Software Engineer - Caper
New York City, NY
InstacartOrder delivery or pickup from more than 300 retailers and grocers. Download the Instacart app now to get groceries, alcohol, home essentials, and more delivered in as fast as 1 hour to your front door or available for pickup from your favorite...
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Computer Vision Engineer in Caper will lead the development in building cutting edge AI solutions for the brick-and-mortar store to revolutionize the overall in-store experience.
Instacart’s goal has always been to support grocers and give retailers of all sizes an edge in an increasingly competitive industry, while creating a seamless experience for customers and shoppers. With Caper AI we bring together online and offline shopping to create a completely new in-store shopping experience for both customers and Instacart shoppers alike.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision and you must also be an innovator, learner and team player. This role requires in-person collaboration in New York City.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug- and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competitions’ infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional and durable Product team solves hard customer & business problems in ways that our customers love.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Lead and design CV solutions and architectures
- Implement Deep Learning CV algorithms as well as traditional CV algorithms
- Keep up with trending CV research and bring innovations/tricks to custom model
- Optimize algorithms for speed, accuracy, etc.
- Build fast and solid pipelines to serve the CV algorithms and models
- Work across teams to improve CV performance and experience
- BA+ in Computer Science or other related subjects
- Proficiency in Python
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures, operating systems, databases
- 3+ years of industry experience in Computer Vision deploying end-to-end through production and is familiar with the comprehensive workflow for CV projects
- Proficiency in Deep Learning frameworks e.g. Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Ability to design and implement Deep Learning based or traditional computer vision technology (such as OpenCV) based models or algorithms end to end
- Familiar with low level CV operators like CNN, LSTM, etc.
- Great communication skills and strong ownership
- Willing to prioritize teamwork over individual work
- Led technology development and project ownership within a CV team before
- Has distributed training environment experience
- Familiar with Nvidia CUDA tech stack and familiar with C++
- Masters+ degree in Computer Science or other related subjects
- Has experience in the embedded system industry before e.g. robots, cameras, drones, AR/VR devices, etc.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs