Senior Data Scientist
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we're not a tech company, we're a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
We’re looking for data scientists to join our team. You'll develop predictive models and algorithms to improve our operations platform and help us provide a better service to our clients. We're looking for generalist data scientists who are excited to jump into new problems and write production-quality code.
About the work:
- Leverage data to solve meaningful problems with appropriate complexity
- Collaborate with a diverse team across engineering, care operations, product management, sales and marketing, and more.
- Research operational/logistical problems and proactively identify potential solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate descriptive and predictive models.
- Integrate machine learning into user-facing applications.
- You’ve led the design and delivery of large data science projects
- 4+ years of professional experience solving complex business problems and shipping Python in a production environment.
- Track record of using mathematical/statistical fundamentals to influence product roadmap
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical peers.
Bonus points if you have professional experience with:
- Designing systems to optimize portfolio allocation in a two-sided marketplace (E.g., ideal matches of people needing and providing care, automated financial incentives to staff remaining shifts, etc.)
- Using survival analysis and related methods to evaluate risk of employee churn and to predict future high-performers
- Collaborating with designers to develop effective methods of collecting data in order to quantify highly qualitative attributes, such as personality, taste preferences and perceived quality
- Using NLP methods to build data products from a variety of unstructured data sources, including phone calls and website forms
- Applying spatial statistics to incorporate geographic and regional differences in a variety of problem contexts
Sound like a fit? Apply below!
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Moving forward, no roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we'll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Honor provides competitive benefits including health insurance and parental leave. Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist (UK/Europe Remote)Classification Deep Learning Elasticsearch Finance GCP Looker Machine Learning +5
Career development Home office stipend Parental leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs