Senior Data Scientist
HonorServing better care to our parents and loved ones. We’re creating a more reliable care experience for families, caregivers, and local agency owners.
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we're not a tech company, we're a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
We’re looking for data scientists to join our team. You'll develop predictive models and algorithms to improve our operations platform and help us provide a better service to our clients. We're looking for generalist data scientists who are excited to jump into new problems and write production-quality code.
About the work:
- Leverage data to solve meaningful problems with appropriate complexity
- Collaborate with a diverse team across engineering, care operations, product management, sales and marketing, and more.
- Research operational/logistical problems and proactively identify potential solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate descriptive and predictive models.
- Integrate machine learning into user-facing applications.
- You’ve led the design and delivery of large data science projects
- 4+ years of professional experience solving complex business problems and shipping Python in a production environment.
- Track record of using mathematical/statistical fundamentals to influence product roadmap
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical peers.
Bonus points if you have professional experience with:
- Designing systems to optimize portfolio allocation in a two-sided marketplace (E.g., ideal matches of people needing and providing care, automated financial incentives to staff remaining shifts, etc.)
- Using survival analysis and related methods to evaluate risk of employee churn and to predict future high-performers
- Collaborating with designers to develop effective methods of collecting data in order to quantify highly qualitative attributes, such as personality, taste preferences and perceived quality
- Using NLP methods to build data products from a variety of unstructured data sources, including phone calls and website forms
- Applying spatial statistics to incorporate geographic and regional differences in a variety of problem contexts
Sound like a fit? Apply below!
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Moving forward, no roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we'll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Honor provides competitive benefits including health insurance and parental leave. Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs