Machine Learning Engineer
KinaxisMake fast, confident and informed supply chain decisions in an unpredictable world. See how Kinaxis can help your business know sooner and plan better.
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Machine Learning Engineer
Job location: Anywhere in Canada
About the team
Kinaxis is looking for a talented candidate to work within the Machine Learning Development team. The team is responsible for applying machine learning algorithms to develop intelligent supply chains. The uniqueness of the team is that it performs at the intersection of technology and real business problems. You will contribute to the product that delights customers world-wide!
What you will do
As a machine learning engineer, you are passionate about shipping large-scale software systems in a fast-paced environment but can balance longer term issues such as maintainability, scalability and quality. You have a strong interest and experience in machine learning, having worked with machine learning and data analysis libraries such as pandas, scikit-Learn but realize that building a machine learning system is much more than just calling a few APIs.
You’re fluent in Python and worked with modern data storage and have hands-on experience with big data technologies. You have the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies whether they are infrastructure or language or platform, and easily adapt to change.
You are a team player, a quick starter and a problem solver. You are comfortable talking requirements with product managers. You work well in a cross-functional team and can listen and contribute to discussion. You can ideally provide readily available solutions while considering technical aspects, effort, and risk. Your primary focus is shipping large-scale machine learning software that drives customer value by building robust, scalable and data-intensive systems.
What we are looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong software engineering skills and rigorous in software design life cycle best practices.
- You have working experience with Kubernetes, docker, microservices, containerization and deploying software in the cloud.
- You have a proven understanding of distributed computing architectures.
- You have experience with data modelling, data streaming, data transformation, modern data stores and strong programming skills in Python/Pandas/ML Libs.
- You have a disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests.
- You easily articulate complex concepts in writing and speech.
Nice to have
- Experience in Kubernetes ecosystem like Helm and Argo workflow, CI/CD
- Infrastructure as Code
- Experience working with major cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs