Director, Data Science
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
Here’s What Data Scientists do at Demandbase:
Demandbase’s Central Data Science team drives product innovation and is responsible for all ML/AI initiatives and projects. We build and apply ML models at every stage of the B2B buyer’s journey. Starting from the top of the funnel, Data Scientists build account rank models to score tens of millions of companies and also recommend companies that aren’t yet in their CRM. Our Data Scientists apply cutting edge natural language processing algorithms and deep learning models to predict whether a company is interested in our clients product even before they visit their site. Once ML generated account lists are built, we launch campaigns to generate awareness and traffic to target sites.
Our Data Scientists build pacing, pricing, click-through rate, and engagement models using tens of billions of auctions daily to optimize campaign performance. We build reinforcement learning algorithms to optimize the user experience when potential prospects click on ads/banners and visit our customers’ websites.
Our Data Scientists build real-time intent using time series analysis to trigger an alert for sales after potential prospects share their contact information, to contact prospects when there’s an intent surge. ML models are a significant differentiator for each of our offerings in the ABM platform, Targeting, Conversion, and Intent products. Our Data Scientists not only build ML models, but are also substantially involved in productizing the models, and working closely and cross-functionally with data engineering, application, product, and UX design teams to deliver the world’s best account-based marketing and advertising product.
The Data Science team is in search of their Fearless Leader. You will lead a talented team of data scientists, overseeing data science initiatives across our suite of B2B go-to-market products.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and all positions are remote until further notice.
- Recruit and develop talent as a player-coach - developing data science solutions with your team while mentoring, coaching, and empowering success.
- Build strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders to plan and execute data science applications in quarterly and annual product roadmaps. Establish and drive success criteria for data science applications.
- Partner with data engineering teams to develop requirements and build data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analytics development.
- Foster innovation and develop strategies to scale the impact of data science throughout our products and services. Partner with product leadership to guide next best models and solutions.
- Evangelize data science throughout the business by communicating a vision and the business applications of data science.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative field.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in a data science position.
- 5+ years of people management experience leading a data science team.
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous and complex data problems at scale, strong quantitative modelling skills inclusive of machine learning.
- Highly skilled in statistical and modelling packages; proficient with analytics and database tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts to an executive audience, and translate business objectives to a technical audience.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs