Manager Analytics & Data Operations
Remote: AMER Region
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are a global company, headquartered in San Francisco but as a “remote” first company, we care about your results and not your location.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As a Manager for the Analytics and Data Operations team, I manage a small team of data engineers and analysts. I play a hands-on role developing and implementing comprehensive tools and strategies that allow raw data to be transformed into business insights. These insights are often used for decision making and strategic planning across high levels of the business.
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
Managing our data analytics and engineering experts and managing the processes responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis. The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. You will work closely with leaders across product, sales, marketing and other functions to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analysts and data engineers.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analysts and data engineers and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- Build in-depth knowledge of our technology stack to better use our current tools, and lead the assessment and implementation of additional technology.
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or another computer-based discipline. Master degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years hands-on experience, and 2 years of manager level experience (including people management) in developing data solutions (Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics or Reporting)
- Minimum 6 years of SQL experience and a record of accomplishment of designing, deploying and evolving ETL solutions to meet business requirements.
- Strong development skills: Python (preferred), Java, PHP, Ruby. Rich experience dealing with data including ETL Airflow
- Deep experience in architecting Data-warehouse (AWS Redshift), BI platforms like Tableau, Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap) and exposure to transactional systems like Salesforce, Marketo
- Experience developing long-term roadmaps and strategic direction
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate well, even to non-technical users.
- Strong desire to teach and mentor others, especially educating cross-functional peers.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and dimensional models; sourcing data from OLTP, SaaS, and OLAP application.
- Project Management experience with ability to meet aggressive project objectives, including time management, planning, prioritizing, documenting, reporting, tracking of status and reviewing deliverables.
- Experience developing detailed project plans, including budgets, resource allocation, and risk management
- Strong track record of developing solutions that meet the security, privacy, and auditability requirements of the business and our clients.
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a $1,000 (country equivalent) WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
- Generous Employee Referral bonuses up to $10, 000 for certain roles. You’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket! CHA-CHING).
Yes, I want this job!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs