Spring Intern, Business/Data Analytics
Remote; New York City; or State College, PA
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Business/Data Analytics Intern to support the way in which AccuWeather collects, reports, and provides insights to the rest of the organization for our website and mobile applications. This position will be joining an expanding Analytics, Audience & Insights team and will collaborate with digital product managers, business stakeholders, and development teams across the organization.
As a Business/Data Analytics Intern, you will get 1:1 mentorship throughout the program to ensure you get off to a flying start and continue to meet your development goals throughout your tenure with us. During the internship, you will help validate the accuracy of digital data collection, document the data transformation process as well as implementation process, and visualize insights findings from our data analysts. You will also assist with improving productivity within the team by leveraging a number of online tools such as Slack and Asana for project management purposes.
To succeed in this role, you should have passion to learn new technical tools, exceptional problem-solving capabilities, and be extremely detail-oriented. This role is perfectly suited for someone with a passion for data and looking forward to starting their career as a data analyst after graduation for digital products.
Remote candidates are being considered for this internship opportunity.
- Maintain detailed documentation of analytics tools, business processes, and measurement strategies
- Assist our analysts on analyzing broad data sets and provide actionable business insights to better inform business decisions by shadowing work.
- Conduct timely, valuable solutions for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting
- Maintain and improve current dashboards based on analytics as well as product stakeholders’ demands
- Conduct quality assurance checks and data validation, identify and resolve issues that arise including reporting discrepancies and data inaccuracies
- Help product managers as needed to democratize the use of data within the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, etc.) or equivalent experience/training
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Some familiarity with SQL skills and data structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Self-starter with initiative to seek out optimization chances in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative thinker
- A genuine interest and knowledge of the media and digital industry landscape, keeping up with emerging technologies and trends
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Excel, Google Sheet, Looker, and Data Studio
- Good project management skills
- Remote candidates in the United States are being considered for this opportunity
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs