Principal Investigator (f/m/x) in Computational Biomedicine
Helmholtz Zentrum MünchenHelmholtz Zentrum München - Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt, ist ein Großforschungszentrum mit Sitz in Neuherberg bei München
Principal Investigator (f/m/x) in Computational Biomedicine
- Full time
- Home Office Options
We are Helmholtz Munich. In a rapidly changing world, we discover breakthrough solutions for better health.
Our research is focused within the areas of metabolic health/diabetes, environmental health, molecular targets and therapies, cell programming and repair, bioengineering, and computational health. We particularly excel in the fields of basic research, bioengineering, artificial intelligence, and technological development.
Through this research, we build the foundations for medical innovation. Together with our partners, we seek to accelerate the transfer of our research, so that laboratory ideas can reach society and improve people’s quality of life at the fastest rate possible.
This is what drives us. Why not join us and make a difference?
Helmholtz Munich is a European hub for applied AI to drive biomedical discovery and develop solutions that will transform the future of medicine. The German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD) develops personalized medical solutions for the prevention and treatment of diabetes. The DZD has the task of identifying new ways to treat diabetes by closely interlinking basic research, clinical research and applied research. The targeted use and linking of all research data plays an important role in this.
Together, we invite applications for a jointly affiliated Principal Investigator (f/m/x) in Computational Biomedicine.
- A unique opportunity for scientific independence to establish yourself at the forefront of applied AI working with singular biomedical data sets in particular in diabetes research.
- A generous start-up package (salary, positions, running costs) at the level of an ERC Starting Grant; positions are limited to five years, with access to the tenure option for early career investigators.
- A dynamic, multicultural, interdisciplinary and highly collaborative research environment in Munich, one of the world’s most liveable cities.
You and your group will build a bridge between the German Center for Diabetes Research and the vibrant and thriving computational health community in Munich including ELLIS Munich (with the opportunity to join the ELLIS society).
We specifically welcome applications from female scientists. Helmholtz Munich and the LMU Klinikum are deeply committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Both are certified equal opportunity employers with a family-friendly research environment, flexible hours and remote working options, dual-career opportunities and a child-care facility on campus.
Prof. Matthias Tschöp (Dr. Med., Dr. hc.)
CEO of Helmholtz Munich
"We believe that excellent research requires a range of different perspectives. Diverse teams reach better solutions and are more innovative in their research topics.
Establishing our Diversity Management Strategy demonstrates our commitment to ensuring an appreciative company culture based on mutual respect. We are also implementing diversity-sensitive processes throughout our whole organization."
Research directions may include but are not restricted to:
- Computational approaches to analyse high-throughput molecular datasets for improving the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of complex metabolic diseases, in particular diabetes and related disorders.
- Machine learning methods for risk modeling, including extensions based on complex biomedical networks and mechanistic models.
- Upscaling of analytic methods to large cohorts and complex, possibly unstructured phenotypic data using health foundation models.
You will work closely with the Helmholtz Munich’s Diabetes Center and the members of the German Center for Diabetes Research and maintain as well as extend a well cultivated and longstanding collaboration.
- Excellent PhD and postdoc with outstanding scientific achievements and publication record as well as international research experience.
- Background in computational biology or related fields.
- High affinity and passion for biomedical and translational research.
- Track record of working in an interactive/interdisciplinary team.
- Strong communication, organization, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Family Support
- On-site kindergarten, holiday care, care for the elderly
- Health Promotion
- Sports, company doctor, mental health initiatives
- International Staff Service
- Support with the relocation and integration process in Germany
- Personal Development
- Continuous education and training
- 30 days annual leave, flexi days, plus public holidays
- Retirement Provision
- Company pension plan
- Scientific Training
- Helmholtz Munich Graduate School
- Flexible working hours and flexi-time models
If you fulfil all the requirements, you may be eligible for a salary grade of up to E 15. Social benefits are based on the Collective Wage Agreement for Public-Sector Employees (TVöD). The position has an (initial) fixed term of 5 years, with the possibility of moving to a permanent contract.
We are committed to promoting a culture of diversity and welcome applications from talented people regardless of gender, cultural background, nationality, ethnicity, sexual identity, physical abilities, religion or age. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
If you have obtained a university degree abroad, we will require further documents from you regarding the comparability of your degree. Please request the Statement of Comparability for Foreign Higher Education Qualifications as early as possible.
Interested in applying?
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Fr. Dr. Anna Sacher, +49 89 3187‑2926, who will be happy to help.
Please submit your cover letter, CV, list of publications (please highlight up to 3 with a brief explanation of their impact), your future research plan (3 pages max.) and contact details of three referees as a single PDF via our online submission system.
Application deadline: March 3, 2024
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
AI for Health
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
More jobs like this
B3G - Skyline Belgrade, … B3G - Skyline Belgrade, Kneza Milosa 88, … Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 150K * USD 100K+ *
Data Migration/Business Intelligence Specialist, Aladdin Platform, AssociateBusiness Intelligence Computer Science Engineering ETL Finance Mathematics +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs