Associate, Compliance Tools and Data Analytics
Remote - Ireland
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Associate, Compliance Tools and Data Analytics will work within the Compliance Technology team to design, build and maintain Transaction Monitoring Detection Scenarios and also build accurate internal and external reports and dashboards for TMS, KYC, Sanctions and Customer Risk Rating products.
The ideal candidate should have strong data analytics, SQL, Python, and data visualization skills. In addition, the candidate should have working knowledge of BSA/AML compliance, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and customer risk rating.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Translate vague and complex reporting requests into clear and actionable requirements
- Design and build self-service dashboards and reports, including the use of visualizations
- Produce Data Extracts for State, Federal and International Regulators
- Develop system performance metrics, such as outage and delay metrics
- Implement a Testing and QA process to ensure consistent and accurate data is produced
- Working to a deadline to deliver accurate reports and dashboards
- Use your strong SQL & Python (Including with Classes and Functions) to build and enhance Transaction Monitoring Detections Scenarios.
- Conduct threshold initialization and on-going tuning of Detection Scenarios
- Writing clear documentation which can be reviewed by regulators and external examiners
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver solutions and under minimal supervision
- Supporting Coinbase during Model Validations and Regulatory Exams
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience gained at a technology, large consulting or financial technology firm
- Excellent analytical skills; strong SQL, Python and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Redash and Looker
- Strong transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, KYC and/or risk rating experience.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements development, system design, development, testing and production launch.
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal supervision.
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including writing formal documentation)
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with GitHub
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a big plus but not a prerequisite.
- Model Validation and working with external examinations
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, including SCRUM
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs