AI Big Data Analysis Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Title: AI Big Data Analysis Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung is working towards a vision of providing world-class AI services on its industry-leading hardware platforms like the Galaxy phones, and home appliances like the smart refrigerators and TVs, smart washers and dryers, etc. Real-time AI services on these connected IoT devices will enable users to interact with devices more naturally via spoken dialog, visual interaction, continuous learning, and big data analysis.
Researchers and engineers at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, are working hard towards making the Samsung vision a reality. We are looking for candidates with expertise in AI, large scale data analysis, statistical analysis, deep learning, computer vision, robotics and language understanding to join us. You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems involving Samsung’s Artificial Intelligence initiatives. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers and publish at top-tier conferences in data mining, deep learning, computer vision, robotics, and language understanding.
To deliver online AI services like real-time spoken dialog, real-time product interaction and control, recommendations, ads, etc., we need to design and implement various offline and online components. We design metrics that represent various offline and online aspects of user satisfaction/dissatisfaction, use techniques like AB testing to evaluate the next generation of online services on millions of real users, monitor the health of user engagement across large populations of users, and analyze the log data to understand where the service is doing well and where it is not. To enable such analysis possible, we build big data platform and data lake that allows us to do data analysis at scale.
Furthermore, in any AI-first corporation, thousands of AI researchers and engineers run millions of experiments to create novel AI services to users. We use AI productivity platforms that empower engineers to easily build AI/ML workflows, replicate experiments across labs, reuse ML components, and automate experiments. If you are itching to work on AI, machine learning, and big data analysis, this is your ideal job.
- Build large-scale real-time data analysis system for AI services like dialogue systems, computer vision systems, etc. including automation of our Data Pipeline and Data Lake.
- Facilitate integration of the AI system/software into existing production environment and architect our MLOps environment.
- Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Experimental Physics, Statistics or related technical field with at least 2+ years’ experience after degree.
- Experience with building AI applications using Deep Learning platforms like PyTorch or TensorFlow a plus.
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques (t-tests, confidence intervals, p-value, etc.) a plus
- Experience with building Apps in Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri a plus.
- Experience with platforms like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes, Jira, Git, and Jenkins a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP and Azure a plus.
- Experience with data visualization/dashboard tools like Superset, Elasticsearch and Kibana, Grafana, Tableau, a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication and team-working skills
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs