Embedded Computer Vision Developer
VarjoVarjo makes the most advanced augmented, virtual and mixed reality headsets for professionals. Welcome to the immersive workplace.
A device with eyes and sensors is useless without the capability to understand the meaning of that data in a similar manner as we humans do. Creating that capability for our devices is where you come to the picture.
As Embedded Computer Vision Developer, you will be joining our RnD team to deep dive into our ultra-modern, deeply integrated SoC of future VR products. Your mission is to release its full potential for us to implement real-time end-to-end image processing pipelines needed to drive unique Virtual and Mixed Reality experiences.
You will work with low-level embedded software on C/C++, optimize computer vision and sensor data fusion routines. To succeed in this job, you need the attitude of an explorer, experience of ARM, to be familiar with classical computer vision algorithms as well as optimized libraries of computer vision kernels, e.g. OpenCV, OpenVX or ACL. You know how to deploy and port desktop computer vision solutions to embedded systems, how to optimize it and gradually improve overall performance. Our solutions run on embedded Linux.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We are also open to discuss fully remote working.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision challenges
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Experience in dealing with multi-sensor, multi-modal, multi-camera systems
- Fluent in C/C++ with over 4 years of experience as primary language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent work experience.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Synopsys processors
- Worked on embedded CV solutions involving tracking solutions such as SLAM, object detections and tracking.
- Experience with deploying machine learning models and inference engines: TensorRT, Libtorch, ONNX runtime.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs