Associate Data Scientist
San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Toronto, Remote US, Remote Canada
CircleCIGet the best continuous integration and delivery for any platform, in our cloud or on your own infrastructure.
As an Associate Data Scientist for Product at CircleCI, you will:
- Use data to improve CI/CD practices
- Build and deploy models supporting product features that help 100,000+ developers ship code faster
- Help build company-wide practices to enable model discovery, deployment, monitoring, and governance
About Product’s Data Science and Analytics team at CircleCI
You will be a member of CircleCI's 10-member Analytics and Data Science team. Reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics, you will focus on improving our product experience, enabling data-driven product management, and improving company-wide data practices. You will collaborate with Product Management, Data Engineering, Analytics Engineering, Design, and others.
What you’ll do:
Discover models that address CI/CD's hardest problems: Work with product managers to quantitatively identify customers’ CI/CD problems, like slow builds, flaky tests, and dependency hell, and to help make product decisions. Work with engineering leads to identify platform optimizations, like capacity allocation and demand forecasting.
Prioritize problems. Engage in exploratory data analysis. Evaluate available data and define requirements for needed data. Select modeling strategies, tools, and approaches
Build features and tune models. Present to collaborators and executives.
Mentor analysts and help establish team practices: Be an effective coach. Improve teammates’ analytics skills across a variety of problems. Help groom business questions, evaluate data sources, identify analytical techniques, and create visualizations. Help build processes to help the team scale. Improve the team’s use of statistics, hypothesis testing, and experimental design. Keep the team up-to-date on the state of the art.
Build data practices: Help Leads define a process for the discovery of data products.
Work alongside data engineering and business intelligence on ingesting data, pipelining appropriate features, and rolling models into production. Contribute to our growing data architecture, governance, documentation, and security practices. Work through organizational, people, and process challenges of breaking new ground. Celebrate incremental wins.
What we're looking for:
- Data science experience: Two or more years in data science, analytics, or comparable roles.
- At least one year focused on models and algorithms.
- Experience with model selection. Creativity in adapting tools and techniques.
- Instinct for product discovery: Experience with product management and the discovery of data products. Effective data-product prototyping. Able to uncover insights in data sources. Effective juggler of scope, time, and value. Able to build multi-functional partnerships.
Big-data, cloud-based toolkit:
Worked with billion-row datasets. Experienced with distributed data processing technology (e.g., Spark).
Hands-on experience with AWS’s data warehousing and ML products and Snowflake. Fluent in Python for analytics/ML use cases as well as SQL.
Right soft skills: Passion for data, discovery, and problem-solving. Curious; confident; and open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator across technical and business audiences; able to lead customer expectations; and able to collaborate with hands-on executives. Adventurous; fast-moving; able to balance vision with execution; and not easily discouraged. Has an instinct for value; and focused on the incremental, not gold plating.
Bonus for knowledge of our domain—software delivery: Emotional intelligence around the challenges developers face with productivity and time to market. Ideally, experience developing code, debugging, testing, committing with distributed VCS and modern CI/CD.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $106,000 - $124,500/year
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs