Data Analyst, Pricing
sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a data analyst to join our pricing department.
The role is based out of the Amsterdam office and will report to the manager in pricing analytics. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
As a Data Analyst in the pricing department at sennder, you will be working on projects that help the business optimize its profitability and improve the accuracy of our cost projections. Working as part of the Pricing Department alongside a team of Analysts, Tender Pricing Specialists, Program and Product Managers, you’ll also work closely with Data Science colleagues on algorithm development, the central reporting team on Dashboard development and the various country operations teams on how best to optimize the way they price their business.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL ...
- Identify and fix process inefficiencies or factors driving inaccuracy across sennder’s current pricing processes
- Devise and implement automated solutions to improve efficiency, reduce manual error rates and improve overall consistency around pricing
- Access and explore internal and external datasets to identify solutions to our business questions
- Hands-on on data wrangling and analytics to use data as a key driver
- Design and maintain tools (dashboards, auto-updating Google Sheets) that ensure that the relevant decision makers are looking at the right figures and are able to make informed decision about how to run their respective areas
- Work hand in hand with our Program Managers to help define and then measure the KPI’s that the business should be focusing on when it comes to pricing
- Work closely with Data Science colleagues in our Product/Tech organization to assist in configuring our various algorithms and automated price generating tools
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE ...
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative/ analytical role, preferably within tech, management consulting, investment banking or logistics
- Excellent Excel/Google sheets skills - you’re the go to person in your team for coming up with a smart solution in Excel
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL - we use Looker at Sennder, but the role will require getting deep into the data
- Experience in reporting, data visualization (Looker, Tableau, etc) and designing dashboards, passion for leveraging data to influence decisions
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in a high-paced start-up environment
- Ability to manage highly diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong organization & project management skills and ability to structure a project from idea to design
- Professional fluency in English
A plus if you have:
- Logistics/Transportation knowledge or experience
- Basic working knowledge of Python / R
- Experience working in a pricing department
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs