Lead Data Engineer - Enterprise Analytics
AddeparAddepar is a wealth management platform specializing in data aggregation, analytics and reporting. Provide clients with a complete, meaningful financial picture and offer better advice with consolidated and unified data. Learn more about...
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Analytics Team! As a lead data engineer on the Enterprise Analytics team, you will be responsible for architecting and building the data infrastructure, tooling and integrations to power company-wide analytics for cross-functional teams and stakeholders at Addepar. We are building an ecosystem to unify diverse data sets from different data sources and create a golden source of truth to enable data-driven decision making across the organization.
You will design, build and maintain an Enterprise Analytics cloud environment. You will also migrate the legacy processes to modern data stack and design/build new tooling, data integrations and pipelines to migrate/replicate data from disparate data sources to be able to load the data into dimensional models in the data warehouse.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build modern data stack for Enterprise Analytics
- Lead high priority and critical projects to provide direction to other members on the team
- Build realtime and batch data integrations to integrate data from disparate source systems into the Data Pond/DW
- Migrate data pipelines and processes from legacy systems onto new stack
- Build robust and scalable ELT processes using new workflow automation tools
- Build and maintain data replication tooling and data reconciliation processes
- Partner with cross functional engineering teams to assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build robust data alerting and monitoring mechanisms, operational runbooks and processes in partnership with Infrastructure Platform teams
- Provide production support for data integration and transformation pipelines
- Partner with data warehouse engineers and data analysts to build tooling to be able to effectively move data in and out of the data warehouse/data pond
- Champion the strategy to build data security framework to store, move and access data
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience as a data engineer and/or software engineer
- 3+ years of experience working with workflow orchestration tools( Preferred: Airflow, Prefect OR Luigi, autosys, etc)
- 4+ years of experience building data integrations and pipelines from data lake, APIs, relational databases and third party systems
- Experience designing and building infrastructure in cloud data environments(Preferred: AWS OR GCP, Azure, etc)
- Strong software development skills in Python and SQL
- Experience tuning SQL queries and data pipelines
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities
- Stellar communications skills for requirements gathering
Nice to Have
- Exposure building dimensional models in the data warehouse
- Experience with MPP/Columnar databases like Snowflake, Redshift, etc
- Exposure to data streaming tools and technologies like kafka or similar technologies
- Experience working with systems like Salesforce and Netsuite
- Familiarity with BI/reporting tools
- Experience working with with SaaS or Fintech companies is a plus
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs