Operations Data Specialist II
ATB FinancialBig life events can trigger big banking changes. Whether you’re starting university or planning your retirement, we’ve made it easy to find the accounts and resources you need.
Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Job Number: REQ#2890
Location: Alberta, Canada
Apply by: November 26, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Sherry Provencher, Managing Director, Operations
The Wealth Operations team is the backbone of ATB Wealth that fulfills, maintains, and delivers the products and services that put the exclamation mark on our customer experience. Reporting to the Managing Director of Operations, the Wealth Operations Data Specialist will focus on gathering data for all areas of Operations and using that data to provide reporting, trends, help to identify possible process breakdowns, as well as assist Operations leaders with forecasting to assess the need for team member redeployment.
Operations Data Specialist II
As a Wealth Operations Data Specialist II, you enable ATB Wealth Operations to improve operations processes and build capacity through in depth analysis of processing volumes and statistics. You represent Operations in all things data, acting as a facilitator and liaison with other areas of ATB Wealth and present data to improve productivity and gain capacity based on your knowledge, problem solving skills and experience.
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Be the point of contact for data including collection, statistics, analysis and reporting, for all areas of processing in Operations
- Provide support and advice on how data impacts operational procedures and systems across Wealth Operations
- Assist specialists in identifying improvement opportunities, recommend solutions, develop and implement tools/processes to improve productivity and/or gain capacity.
- Ability to interpret and analyze information, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Support Wealth Operations Directors, Managers and Specialists with change management and support the implementation of process change solutions (including providing statistical data and interpretation of information provided)
- Provide recommendations on solutions that impact Wealth Operations and may have impacts on other areas of the business
- Collaborate with other ATB Wealth business units and areas of expertise to support the measurement, evaluation and improvement of processes and service level arrangements
- Provide data and statistical support to teams in Wealth Operations on a regular basis
- Collaborate with AOEs and other SSUs representing Wealth Operations as a SME in all things data related
- Represent Operations in Wealth enterprise wide initiatives, working closely with other AOEs and project stakeholders
- Support leadership in understanding the nature and relevance of analytical work
We don’t want people who simply fit in. We want people who stand out.
You’ve got a “think yes first” attitude, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for making a difference through your work. You describe yourself as someone who is fiercely accountable and who is always looking for ways to solve problems, who is constantly seeking new ways to learn and grow. Being in a support role, customers may not know who you are… but they sure feel the impacts of what you do. You are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, no matter who that customer is.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Post secondary education and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of ATB Wealth Operations processes, systems (Dataphile, Salesforce, Trsf Database, etc), applications and business rules
- A solid foundation of the investment industry as a whole
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent written and oral communication, facilitation skills
- Effective Time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Google suite and utilizing that knowledge to build and implement solutions.
- Foundational knowledge of data analytics and related tools (Sheets, data studio, Tableau, Salesforce)
- Ability to learn and leverage new tools and techniques
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
ATB Financial team members are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination or complete COVID rapid testing as a condition of employment to help support client and team member safety. We thank all candidates in advance for their understanding.
Stay in touch!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs