Reports to: Sr. Manager, Analytics & Enablement
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDDnln4oy4A
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
This Data Analyst will be a critical member of the team as we build data models, reporting and dashboards, and deliver deep insights aimed at accelerating the growth of the company on our way toward a successful IPO. This role will partner with people across the company (Product Engineering, AI Research, Content, Sales, Revenue Operations, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to tackle key strategic, operational, and technical initiatives while building systems that will help us scale.
Who You Are:
- Experience building reports and analyses in BI/visualization software such as Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with databases/analytics data warehouses, e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity with a business focus is a plus.
- Growth Mindset practitioner - ability and passion to be challenged, fail fast, learn, grow, and apply those lessons to drive business impact.
- Demonstrated proficiency at telling a story with data.
- Previous industry experience preferred (consulting, bizops, revops, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling tools (LookML, dbt, Dataform) is a plus.
- Experience collaborating deeply across an organization to understand department process, needs, and goals, and building custom analysis/reporting to match.
- Strong business sense; understanding of the drivers/metrics of SaaS businesses preferred.
- Ability to seamlessly switch “altitude” between specific technical questions and broad org-level KPIs/strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Exercise your creativity by finding hidden patterns in our data and relaying those discoveries to stakeholders with stunning dashboards.
- Help roll out analytics systems and processes throughout the organization.
- Foster relationships across the organization to design metrics and KPIs, and develop analyses to monitor and understand those KPIs.
- Design, create reports, and build analyses that drive action. This includes assessing needs and resources, and building deliverables that meet the needs of many types of users.
- Support the “single source of truth” for the organization through creating and maintaining data models for use by other teams and by identifying and correcting data gaps, inconsistencies, etc.
- Collaborate broadly with internal stakeholders to implement new data/analytics reporting and tools.
- Support stakeholders in investigating and delivering insights to inform impactful business decisions
- Onboard new technical and business users onto our systems and tools.
- Identify opportunities for better tooling, data systems, and process to help improve operations and drive growth.
- Train and educate end-users in our tools and data analysis / business intelligence approaches.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs