Senior Data Engineer
Remote — Germany / UK
Who We Are
Cobalt is a fast-growing startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our remote-first team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Today, Cobalt helps secure hundreds of leading B2B companies (GoDaddy, HubSpot) by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities. Seven years and 20K commits later, our technology has been battle tested by thousands of users.
What’s next? Cobalt is building a data team to empower our employees with a modern data warehouse. As a Senior Data Engineer you’ll expand our existing Data Lake, ensuring that data is delivered to stakeholders with quality at speed. Our Data Lake is the center of gravity for all data processed and generated at Cobalt.
We're a rapidly growing SaaS company, full of can-do people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers. It's an exciting time to join. If you enjoy making an impact, the Cobalt Engineering team is excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Define Data Models and Architectures, guaranteeing data quality, data security and privacy.
- Build a robust CICD pipeline for accelerating development and reduce bugs in the development process.
- Consult with analysts and stakeholders to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business.
- Define analytical pipelines for automating and optimising Cobalt’s operations.
- Work in a remote first engineering team.
- Make an impact as we build the best Pentest as a Service Platform.
- Be an active member of a cross-functional data team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders.
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience in building Data Platforms in a Cloud environment.
- Solid programming experience in Python (preferred), Scala or Java.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Proven expertise in implementing complex ETL pipelines (BigQuery, Spark, Airflow, etc).
- Strong analytical and quantitative approach to problems.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- An inclination to work autonomously and in a structured manner with careful attention to detail.
- The right attitude and you're a great team player (humble, hungry, smart) with an agile mindset.
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code using terraform or custom cloud development kits (e.g. AWS CDK).
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
- A high comfort level within a remote-first, global company.
Bonus If You Have Experience with
- Serverless, Kubernetes or GCP
- Test automation
- The cybersecurity industry / knowledge of best practices
- Working remotely
- Fast-growing SaaS companies
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, unlimited paid time off, remote working from anywhere in Germany or the UK, and travel perks
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Leverage stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs