Senior Data Scientist
FoursquareFoursquare is the most trusted, independent location data platform for understanding how people move through the real world.
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About our Senior Data Scientist Role:
As a member of Foursquare’s data science team, you’ll be responsible for owning important methodological components of our leading foot traffic measurement platform. The methodologies we employ are varied which creates a rich environment for the application of data science technology. This is not just a machine learning job. We look for data scientists who are excited by the challenge of solving problems using a wide array of modeling and quantitative techniques.
To be successful, you’ll have to have a deep technical understanding of data science concepts across the disciplines of research methods, causal modeling, applied statistics and machine learning. You’ll also have the ability to build large-scale prototypes of your novel methodologies from the ground up.
The ideal Senior Data Scientist will also want to grow the impact that they have across the organization by taking on increasing responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build supervised and unsupervised learning systems to extract visitation behavior from sensor data.
- Drive feature engineering and experimentation to improve performance of our various algorithms
- Collaborate with engineering teams on implementing and deploying large scale data processing pipelines
- Build internal tools for monitoring and investigation purposes
- Lead cross-team cooperation and mentor junior scientists
- 5+ years of work or educational experience in data science, machine learning, and statistics.
- PhD degree or comparable research experience in a quantitative field
- Proven track record of delivering on products and/or practical research endeavors
- Experience with the Python science stack and/or Scala required
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or similar frameworks is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs